• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bit of advice with remapping please

hey guys baisicly im after a bit more grunt in my type r!

so far my mods are
induction kit
custom exhaust
bc racing coilovers

naw ive got to the point off thinking about remmaping the car would i see much gain from this ? alsou is there any other little mods i can do without having to spend an arm and a leg to get. chears for any help luke

If I were you I would get a manifold first.. If you don't and change your mind in the future it'll will cost a few hundred
Extra. Plus most of the power on k20's are made in the header.

right ok nice one at the moment i have a cat back system what do you think decat it ? just i wasnt sure having problems with mot ect but if its not that bad ill do it ?

ive been offerd a japspeed manifold and decat what are your thoughts on this brand ? any good? £150?

sorry to be a noob :D

right guys im getting myself a japseed manifold 4-2-1 ! with decat so i would have a straight through exhaust system then manifold back. i have my induction kit naw beffor i go and remap it is there anything els i should consider?? fuel reg?? chears luke

oops i had no idea i had posted this up in the fn2 section. sorry could a mod move it over to the correct section please?

chears chris i hope it does

You should go for an RBC inlet if im not mistaken and DC Sports manifold; you could probably pick both up for near £500 second hand if your lucky. I'm not too sure on the decat part myself... I mean obviously it's a bit of hassle to swap it over for every MOT but im sure the results will be alot better decatted. Once thats all fitted get a k100 fitted and mapped and you should see an outstanding result... I've not had this done myself but from what i've been learning from the other guys on this site over the past few months that's what i am planning to do. Whatever you do though, don't be fooled by these people offering £200 remaps. Get a K100 and get it done properly

good luck mate

DC sports manifolds have been known to crack with the engine moving on the mounts.

If you go down that route you should at a minimum fit the ES Energy Inserts to the engine mounts to stiffen them up.

DC Sports or the Tegiwa manifold are the best on the CTR. You will need a Front JDM Anti Roll Bar as well otherwise the manifold will keep banging against the front roll bar. Also, you could get a decent b-pipe ( Spoon B-pipe ) and that will increase the flow.
HTH

I've got a Twgiwa Manifold ( has a DC Sports one before )
RBC Intake Manifold
GruppeM
Spoon B-pipe and K-pro.
Its been mapped by Paul@Tdi-north and we got 246 bhp with 176lbft torque. ( on normal ASDA 95 ron fuel ).
HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
chears for the help guys appreiciate it!! i have a bit off thinking to do then beffor i rush into my manifold as i was going to get a japspeed one. alsou i may go down to tdi-north herd good stuff about them and always see them mentioned on the forum

:lol: haha i was just wondering as i only know off funky power on the web not sure off any other performance parts shops i am what you would call a NOOB :lol:

I got 226bhp with my DC5 manifold (currently for sale hint hint), K-Pro and a decent filter & cat back (engine had ~70,000 miles on it). I'm sure if you put an RBC inlet on that you'd get even better power and torque and that removes all the race manifold MOT hassles. You'll also get slightly more power by putting on a 4-2 header onto the DC5 cat, so I think with the correct setup you'd see 233bhp or so and still pass MOTs/roadside emission checks. Oh and the DC5 manifold doesn't require engine mount upgrades either.

Tegiwa/DC Header.
Decent sized B pipe and backbox
RBC and hondata IMG
Get the TB portmatched to the inlet and adapter plate
Tegiwa intake
K100

If you wanted to go further then look at JDM cams or Skunk2 Stage 1's

You should be over 250hp with all these

Back