• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Black discharge from exhaust

Right I have black substance coming out of my exhaust and it is going through way too much oil does anyone know what could be causing this? It was happening before I had an engine change

Last edited by a moderator:
Right I have black substance coming out of my exhaust and it is going through way too much oil does anyone know what could be causing this? It was happening before I had an engine change

You should stay away from Indian and Mexican cuisine. :p
Sorry for the horrible joke, but it's definitely rings or valves.
You need to have a compression test (three stages to it),
and leak down tests to confirm.

is it still going through oil with the replacement engine?...or is just the oil thats been deposited in the exhaust that you are still seeing maybe?...sorry to state the obvious,but there isnt too much oil in the engine is there?...check and make sure all the engine breathers are ok as well mate.

Back