• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Blocked Washers

Riflez

$ Forum Pikey $
I cant get fudge all to come out of any of the washers on the front so i imagine a blockage has built up in the pipe...is there an easy way to clear this myself or am i looking at a stealer?

Yea tried this but all jets stopped at the same time..no degredation or anything..can here the pump going though

Open bonnet, see where the pipes are connected to the jets. Remove pipes and blow air pressure through the jets, this will unblock them and chuck out any crap. Either use a compressor or even a hand held bike pump can do the trick just by attaching the valve to the jet. This has worked for me on previous occasions.

P.S. it might be also worthwhile changing the brand of your screenwash as some brands seem to cause more blockages than others.

Hope this helps. :)

Yea i had no problems until i used this halfords 2 for 1 lark the girlfriend bought because it was pink :shock:

As above, remove pipes from washer jets, then see if liquid is coming out.

If so jets still blocked, if not then further back try the same :(

Mine did the same and the little non return valve was bust, just replaced it with a standard threeway.

You can take the washer jets apart, there is a filter inside which does get clogged up, if you take the jet apart you can blow through to clear it, works for me anyway :wink: :wink: :wink:

Turns out it was the Y shape valve..replaced it with one off a tropical fish airstone and works a treat now :lol:

Riflez said:
Yea i had no problems until i used this halfords 2 for 1 lark the girlfriend bought because it was pink :shock:

I bought this stuff too.....have a bottle and a half for sale if anyone wants it!

It's awful stuff......I used it twice, it made more of a mess than when I startedd, so I used the whole tank on the way home one day to empty it.....ended up having to wash the car as it left dirty marks all over the roof :roll:

Avoid like the plauge! :evil:

I've got a similar problem - can hear the pump going but water is only dribbling out. I took the feed from the pump off at the Y splitter, and it's hardly coming out with any force, so presumably the problem is either further down the line or at the pump.

How do I get at it? It looks like either from under the car or by taking the wheel-arch lining off!

Is it time to take it to the dealer, or does anybody have any other ideas? Is it worth squirting an air line down the main pipe towards the pump, or might that cause more problems than it fixes?

Grateful for any ideas.

Would suggest taking the tube off the pump to see what pressure, then possibly replacing the tubing, as to how to access it, I expect it's on a CTR so ?? Sorry.

Air line towards the pump, wouldn't reccomend it to be honest, it's all 1 way for a reason.

Robbo said:
Yeah, but what about MY problem? You know, the post that resurrected the thread!

i think it was DaveS that recommended blowing some air into the tube and some members followed that advice and was fine.

i just took it back to my dealer to get them sort it out :oops: :lol:

blowing down the pipe shouldn't cause u any more problems. the 1 way valves are only there to stop the fluid returning to the washer bottle after the pump has stopped so it doesn't take ages for the fluid to be pumped from the bottle when the switch is pressed.

It will also stop any crap blowing back into the water bottle so it won't clear the lines of blockages, just move it further down the line.

VtecRob said:
blowing down the pipe shouldn't cause u any more problems. the 1 way valves are only there to stop the fluid returning to the washer bottle after the pump has stopped so it doesn't take ages for the fluid to be pumped from the bottle when the switch is pressed.

Back