• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bloody pen marks

Why do I have blue pen marks all over the engine :?

All the major parts of the engine have these lines on! WTF is it for? Can't remember seeing them before the car service :?

Any Ideas :eek:

Pics?

It sounds like the thread marker that some manufacturers use to prevent you from tampering with certain parts of the engine, but i have never noticed this on my CTR.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Not sure if its for tampering as there on bits like the caps and electrical connectors :?

It's not where they did the service and just marked the areas that they have already checked is it?

Sounds strange anyway :?

I found this on my brake reservoir the other day, following a service. Maybe, like was said earlier, this is an indication to the bay techies that an area has been done?

Mine was a rather unobtrusive blue dot but I spotted it anyway. Then again, I would spot an ants left knacker if it was in my engine bay and wasn't before.

Back