• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Blowers working, no heat?! Please help fast, winter is coming.

Hi

I recently got a 2005 ep3 civic type r as my first car. Its my baby. It has quite a few things I need to do to it, to make it perfect, one of which is the heating.
The fan speed control works like its supposed to, but the temperature control knob thing is hard to move, and even if on max heat, engine warm and driving, it doesnt give any heat.
Impossible to drive in cold weather, i am really bummed. :mad: :(

Looking for possible solutions asap!

Thanks is advance!

Could be a lot of things, blockage in the pipework feeding the heater matrix, could be a faulty thermostat not opening, could be a faulty matrix, could be your coolant level, could be a fault on the heater switch panel.

Hi

The coolant level is near max. What do you suggest i check first. Could just be the switch, since its hard to move and feels like its not right. Hope it wont cost me alot of dolla :(

Thanks

Hi

The coolant level is near max. What do you suggest i check first. Could just be the switch, since its hard to move and feels like its not right. Hope it wont cost me alot of dolla :(

Thanks

Hi mate, i would start with thermostat first and flush your coolant out and fill up with fresh coolant.
I would look at the temp control knob too,i do not have a ep3 to advise you on that.

Heater control knob shouldn’t be stiff as it’s only working a control module.
There’s also a control valve for the coolant flow into the heater matrix, controlled by a cable via a motor. Check this is all connected correctly and working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

Fixed the issue, it was the thermostat + the alpine radio thing was squeezing the temp. Control knob cable shut.
Thx for all the help.

Till next time.

Back