• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BMC CDA induction kit..cold air feed

hi, i have a BMC CDA induction kit (i know theres mixed reviews) on my civic type r. It came with the car and im trying to find a nice cold air feed.
P6270196-1.jpg

The bmc isn't really designed well and is pretty much at the back of the engine bay next to the engine. I've got some ducting from the local B&Q :D and fed it from the wheel arch and attached it to the end of the bmc carbon box.

My question is, is that the best place for a cold air feed? and should i attach it straight onto the induction kit or just have it facing the inlet as i have noticed the massive suction roar especially in vtec has died down.

im really trying to make the best with what i got so any help or advice will be excellent :D i'm not too bothered about the sound, i just want the best power wise. if you want pics of my cold air feed i can

Last edited by a moderator:
The BMC CDA is awesome, just not for the CTR because of placement. I would consider relocating your battery into the boot and putting the BMC canister where that is, and run a pipe down to where the AEM long arm kits sit in the bumper.

cheers, i have been considering changing kits, but for now, is it more beneficial to have the cold air feed connected right on the end of the bmc box? or just facing it ??

Back