• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Bonnet Protector and Bumper Bootlip Protector

Has anyone seen a bonnet protector for FN2? I went on Honda Australia website last night and found one. Contacted my dealer. He says they don't do it in UK. Phoned Honda direct - no use. I am going to Australia in two weeks time to see family and thought I could maybe bring one home. I also looked at a Rear Bumper and Bootlip Protector, again not available in UK. If anybody knows where I could purchase in UK I would be grateful. At least it would save me fetching them from the other side of the world.

http://civictyper.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

Thanks

interesting site

some of it was nice - others not so

surprised a little that Honda UK dont sale stuff like this

I quite like the idea of this, I assume it will look a lot like teh wind deflectors.

Could look good on a slammed OEM style FN2.

bonnet_600x300.jpg

Don't like the bonnet thingy at all, although I don't think it would stand out as much in real life....

I do like this though;

boot_protector_600x300.jpg

Don't like the bonnet thingy at all, although I don't think it would stand out as much in real life....

At first I was like, na, but when I looked at teh size of it, next to the size of the 'H' badge its not that big and could compliment say wind deflectors quite well.

This is all in my head though.

Mat is a good idea though.

you can get proper euro style bonnet bra's for the car that covers more than that...not for me though lol...it still looks good...

i've heard bad reports from fellow euro mates saying it ruins the paint if you have it on for a long time...

quoted from civinfo,

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are bonnet bra's dude. They are a fabric cover that fits over the bumper and lower part of the bonnet. When you take them off, if any dirt gets in-between the fabric and the paintwork it scratches the heck out of it. They used to be popular years ago for VW Beetles. Bonnet protectors are a totally different thing.

If you find one of these somewhere let me know!

Got protector from garage in Perth Australia although they didn't have it in stock. They had it shipped over from Eastern Australia to Perth. I asked them if they (or other Honda dealers) would consider posting to europe, they said it would be no problem just get in touch. Try garages in Sydney - through dealer locator on the Australian site. I haven't fitted it yet as I only arrived home a couple of hours ago (knackered). I did see them fitted to other FN2's over there and I liked the look plus there were no low edge bonnet chips. Not everyone's taste but I like it :) Let me know how you get on.

Forgot to say. It cost me $79.20 which with the exchange rate at the time was £44 (not sure in Euro's) Although things can vary depending on the state where purchased. I think postage may be high going on previous experience obviously due to distance but it's not that big and it weighs very little. The part carries the Honda logo but is manufactured in Australia. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewind!! Started to fit protector - Fitting pack supplied had all the wrong bits! Phoned dealer in Australia he said "sorry mate, sh*t happens" refunded all my money back onto card. Don't know what to do? Do I run around trying to get alternative fixings? Or just bin it?

Back