• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bonnet respray

Got to my car after work and found someone has vandailsed my bonnet and hit it with a rock or something, its gone straight through my vinyl and took a chunck of paint off too :( Can anyone give a good estimate to respray my Milano bonnet please

Well, it does vary quite a bit. I've heard of prices in excess of £300 for a bonnet respray. But if you're good at haggling and do a bit of homework you should be able to get it down to around £150. I paid £125 cash about 3 years ago.

As its milano, i'd be blending the wings, I had to do that when my DC5 god keyed across the bonnet. If the damage is in the middle, you may get away with it.

If you're blending the wings, for a pukka job i'd put aside £300 - £100/panel and if you get some change, all the better.

If the paint on the wings is in good condition you may be able to get away without blending as its a straight colour. But you would still be better blending as your more likely to get a good match. Bonnet and wings blended your be looking around £250-£300 mark

Yeah I will be, I like the vinyl :) there's a place in southport called body smart who sound quite good so might pop round next week, here's the site http://bodysmartgb.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worth having the bonnet professionally resprayed if it's getting hidden under vinyl again?

if your going to have it vinyl again i really wouldnt bother blending into the wings, Would save a bit of money to

I'd just get the bonnet done seen as though I'm going to have it wrapped again, it's a good chunk that's been taken out so you'd notice it through the vinyl if I just got it wrapped

Pull the old vinyl off. Get some primer and fill/flat the offending area. Wrap in new vinyl.

Good idea, will do this if the jobs a bit pricey. Going to get a quote next week so I'll decide then :)

Back