• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bonnet Vent or Similar

On a long drive for work today in the van, i got thinking about rain and my AEM CAI V1 and what would happen if water got sucked up (as Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 section seems to drag and drag and drag and drag :twisted::twisted:), where i could try to seal up to stop water, whether to cut the kit in half etc. I was paranoid for some reason.

Anyways, then i thought, "what if i cut it in half and then have some cold air feeds to the filter via a bonnet vent or similar??!"

Then the questions and ideas started flowing. Could i take the fogs out and do it that way, could i just feed it from where the V1 sits now, could i do it somehow like a Grupp-M and so on.

What i wanted to know, has anyone tried it before in any form and what would you all think is best?

I'm game for a challenge in the summer and if funds allow, i might try to get an old bonnet to try it out on if the bonnet vent idea seems do-able.

taking it from the fog light area could give you problems in deeper water but i know where your going with it.

I'm sure there is a way of feeding air in that would be better.

I'll have a think about it..

I've got one on but in the real world they don't stop water being sucked up as they are still permeable not solid.

taking it from the fog light area could give you problems in deeper water but i know where your going with it.

I'm sure there is a way of feeding air in that would be better.

I'll have a think about it..

If i were to cut it in half though and have it in the bay like a V2 and then feed a couple pieces of ducting upto the filter but not actually attach it to the filter; this would reduce the risk on water intake dramatically as there wouldn't be a 'suck' trying to pull the air through the pipe (like a straw) as it is atm.

Might just give up on this one!!! :evil:

I wouldn't give up I'm making my own induction kit and got a few ideas but all depends on different things?!

Well I have found that one of the coolest places is at the back of the engine near the passenger wheel so thoght allie pipeing to there with brackets to a couple of places. With a Allie heat sheld?the other involves the passenger headlight

Back