• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Boon65 (Steve) NHB Type R Civic

Hi just thought id post a few pics of my Civic Type R ep3 only had the car 2 months and already started adding stuff to her:)

garage website pics

357lrfq.jpg

o9mvwm.jpg

update: Carbon Wrapped Centre Console with Gloss 4D wrap and added Chrome Heater Dials and JVC Stereo

f09t76.jpg

I like the carbon wrap inside Looks a lot better. If I were to get an Ep3 then I would get black too! Good work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thanks bud, yeah didnt really like the silver centre console thought it looked out of place, i had thought of hydrodip but atleast with the wrap, it can be removed with heat and returned to oe if needed :)

now cars got a problem with ns front wheel bearing aaaaahhhhhh no garages open as its bank holiday ggggrrrrrrr

now cars got a problem with ns front wheel bearing aaaaahhhhhh no garages open as its bank holiday ggggrrrrrrr

Is that the side they need to machine press in? I hate the drone of those bearings when they go.. How much is that gonna cost you?

offside sorry had gone yep drivers side, well it went in friday at 12pm to have the bearing done, ended up getting it back today at 6pm, thanks to the garage supplier sending two wrong size bearings, the drivers side bearing is 84mm diameter by 42mm depth, they sent 82mm muppets, bearing was £61.72 genuine Honda one, then found it needed front brake pads too more damn money, total spend of £190.46p not good lol

Nice Ep bud, I do love a good nhb civic (for 5 minutes after cleaning, then it's dirty and I hate it).

I feel your pain, I'm now in the habit of budgeting £50 per month for random surprise Honda bills.

thanks bud, yeah i agree there, they do look nice when washed and there a pain to keep clean, shows every bit of dirt aaaahhhhh, a £190 lighter in my pocket too, theres also the creaking on the steering and the garage have said its a common fault with them, possible new steering rack, but im going to get some spray grease the weekend and spray behind the rubber gators see if its that, wd40 is good but soon drys out, so spray grease should help, if i remove the metal gator ties and replace them with zip ties and im gonna save up and get her poly bushed tbh and he said at the garage, it will increase stress on the steering with it being so low, but with him saying a steering rack is £300+ plus labour on top and vat, ill try anything first

Creaking? Common? Only the clutch pedal in my experience. I would get the steering looked at if its making strange noises.. Last thing you want is that to go wrong at any speed. The Honda saving fund is a good way of easing the pain on these things 50£ a month

yeah deffo steering rack, but only at low speed, been told by garage its common as they dry out behind gators, been and brought some spray grease and try regreasing behind gators weekend , if not then its a new steering rack (gulp), but deffo saving for Honda fund lol

after reading a few threads on here it turns out that the steering rack problem is quite a common problem with the sliders grease/lubricant drying out, so plan for weekend is to remove the metal gator clips, ive brought spray lithium grease to try and resolve the dry creaking on the steering noise, if not its a new steering rack £300+ (gulp)

Back