• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 boot release latch

hi all.

when i lift the leaver for the boot release nothing happens. but the little button on the key fob will open the boot.

any ideas? could something be broken?

See if the cable has come detached from the rear of the lever, or broke off. Otherwise check behind the centre panel in the boot to see if the cable or mechanism is loose there.

I've not seen the boot catch on an FD2 yet but I have had quite a lot of experience with other Japanese cars, namely Subaru's so this might be a similar set up.
If you open the boot with the remote then have a look at the boot catch, see if there is a small lever on it or near by, similar to a child lock, it's possible you might have accidently flicked it to the locked position. All this does is stop the manual boot release working, i assume to try and make it harder for someone to get into your boot should they break a window.

Cheers

Kenny

cheers guys.

all sorted. yup, a small blue clip. very easy to get as the FD2 is is stripped out so no covers.

;)

Back