• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

boot wont open

cant get in my boot on my ep3 please help,tried lock/unlock,pushing up and down on hatch but still wont open,please help:(

I've had this trouble in the past. I found that if you push the boot lever towards when car is unlocked then lock the car with the fob. Then unlock it with the fob it should hopefully get the catch to work again. You may thave to try it a few times but it does work. To stop it happeneing again I just make sure when I close the boot I push the boot lever towards the car. I think by doing this it re-aligns the boot catch properly. Hope this helps and you get it sorted.

I had the same trouble, the lever that you grab to open the boot under the H badge got stuck and wasn't returning back to its rest position, when unlocking the car by fob or key it was unlocking the doors but not the boot, try pushing it back and lock and unlock, if it is stuck that is.

I've had this trouble in the past. I found that if you push the boot lever towards when car is unlocked then lock the car with the fob. Then unlock it with the fob it should hopefully get the catch to work again. You may thave to try it a few times but it does work. To stop it happeneing again I just make sure when I close the boot I push the boot lever towards the car. I think by doing this it re-aligns the boot catch properly. Hope this helps and you get it sorted.

took the words out of my mouth :lol:

I had this problem when i had my ep3 you seem tpo have found the solution but try spaying the lock with some wd40 just to avoid it happening again

it does seem to be the actual lever that is getting stuck from debris and dirt collecting around it rather that the inside workings, i gave the lever a good jet wash whilst cleaning the car and that seemed to solve it.

i find it only happens on mine if i try opening the boot when the car is still locked, then just push it back into position unlock car and it works fine. never had it happen when the car is unlocked.

Thanks for this Thread guys. Just had this happen to me, hands full with shopping, unlock the boot grab handle and as i did accidental pressed the fob again. boot locked and jammed= lots of swearing. All sorted now.

Old thread resurrection! I just had to say thanks, fixed it immediately and saved me a sleepless night thinking wee scrotes were going to break into my car!

Just picked up the car today, had a great time tearing about and then thought I'd broken it on my first day! Phew.

Back