• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Boring Out the CTR Engine?

Hey mate, this has been discussed im sure on the old forum. Probably be wise to go look there... and then copy what you find and paste it here :wink:

you on about porting ?

tbh doing these sorts of mods are pointless, with te amount of money you spend you can get other mods i.e. cams ect and get greater performance increases than if you'd ported or bored

colinjy said:
you on about porting ?

tbh doing these sorts of mods are pointless, with te amount of money you spend you can get other mods i.e. cams ect and get greater performance increases than if you'd ported or bored

Colin, tampered with a JRSC Kit yet?

Would not reccomend it in the slightest.

I take it you want to go N/A?

Alex Gosney said:
colinjy said:
you on about porting ?

Colin, tampered with a JRSC Kit yet?

not yet mate :)

I was looking to eventually SC but was just checking cost wise and perf gains.

CPL have done it but I have just asked what gains/costs and they haven't got back to me yet.

Boring makes the cyliders walls thinner, not very good for long term reliability.

If you want to run a larger capacity then it would be alot more effective to run either the 2.2 toda stroker kit of a K24 bottom end which would take you up to 2.4ltr capacity with bundles of torque 8)

K24. Which car is this fitted in?

That sounds like a good idea if I could get my hands on one, especially if it was a second hand one or from a scrappers!

Gaz_typer said:
K24. Which car is this fitted in?

That sounds like a good idea if I could get my hands on one, especially if it was a second hand one or from a scrappers!

The Accord Type-S runs a K24 :wink:

I have been advised by Guy from CPL that the K24 engines bottom end would be no good as the bore/stroke and rod ratio to make good power.

Gaz

I thought most of our friends across the pond were using the k24 with supercharger to get massive power

Prelude Engine is way to go trust me and for anyone that dont believe me its in the Fastest Front Wheel Drive Civic in the World

papadakis_aem_civic_12_thmb.jpg

only 8.12 Seconds at 168 MPH and its only got 650 BHP :)

more info there

http://www.streettuners.com/featured_tuner/stepehen_papdakis_pg1.htm

Thats not exactly an everyday car though is it?!

Specifically designed for racing tells me it may need a lot of servicing!

Gaz :D

Back