• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit On CTR

RickHondaR

R-32840
Fitted some Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit wipers on my CTR today they look and fit great:D http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe6.asp?c=2&d=1

As Bosch dont do a 15" i bought a twin pack with a 24" and 18" and removed the end caps on the 18" to cut off 1.5" on either end then used clear silicone to stick the end caps back on. Being a Bosch product i expect the quality to be very good and for these to last very well, also please note the Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit seem to be the most slimline retrofit available

if you can remove the end caps, can you not replace the blades everytime they wear down?

what model car did you buy the wipers from?

how did you remove the end caps anyway?

bought for a renualt megane from an auto factors and you have to prize the end cap off then glue it back on

i just very carefully prized them off, sawn the wiper down and stuck them back on with clear silicone, once dry cleaned excess silicone off

i have these bosh blades and also trimmed them half an inch either side like rick had done.
i would have thought the 16" would touch the 24" as mine are quite close together after cutting but they look perfect.
my blades seem to be leaving allot of lines on the windscreen as if there is tiny grooves in the blade leaving water lines across the screen?
i have tried to clean them but with no success.
anyone know what i could try to get them back to thier best?
was thinking of dragging a razor blade along the edge but dont want to fook em up.

try some sort of glass cleaner on the screen and also wipe the blades with it, mine some times drag a litlle but if i wash the window with the screen wash they work fine

Well on th weekend I bought some 24" 16" Bosch wipers for my CTR and the 16" dont fit.

So I had to remove the blade cut the end off it and replace the old one for the new one (just the rubber strip not the whole blade).

tried using glass cleaner rick and it didnt work. i also tried using vinegar with the same result. i have only had them on 6 months and thought they would last longer than that.

try thinners to remove any greace build up, and dont get bit on your paint work, failing that take them back

Stu i have found that for some reason (as i am sure my old EP3 never suffered like this) that the screen scratches very very easily. I replaced the wipers which were on the car when i bought it with a set of aero twins because it was doing as you said. Trouble is while they cleared much better they still had lines left. When autoglass came out to do my chips the guy said the civics are well known for marking. He machine polished the screen with some cutting stuff (said it was similar to jewlers rouge) and it is much better.

I have the lines form on my windscreen too. Looking on other cars in the carpark at work there is a similar trend on some cars I could see a line in a similar place on a new fiat 500 with flatscreen wipers. Ive just used Autoglym glass polish on the windscreen so ill see if that helps.

Back