• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bought a second hand gruppe m... Need some advice please

I've recently purchased a second hand gruppe m for my ep3 but it didn't come with a heat sheild.. Would you recommend I purchase one and does it help support the kit more?

also I've noticed that rain can easily enter the scoop and scuttle, is there anything I can do to prevent this or is this normal?

1 last thing is after I fitted everything the engine management light come on, I've checked loads of times that everything's connected properly.. Any ideas/ replies would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I have the tegiwa m and havent used the heat shield. Many other people with the gruppe m or tegiwa m have decided against using the heat shield to be honest, i think it is more of a personal choice.
IIRC it doesnt support the actual intake at all.

Have you got any pictures of your scuttle?
You should have a carbon piece to cover over the entrance to the intake and prevent as much rain as possible getting down into it.
If your on about when driving the car then very minimal will get in to the intake and there is a drainage hole at the bottom of the intake chamber itself for the water to go from.

As for the engine management light, I can only think maybe you have pulled on the air sensor when replacing it, just check the connections and that it is all the way into the intake.

The heat shield is about £30 ish from tegiwa I think, for that sort of money I'd get one, but I don't think it will cause any issues if you don't. Don't think it supports the kit.

ive had my Teg M for about a year and never had any issues with rain etc. assuming it's fitted correctly.

Get the fault codes read for the eml fault it may go off after a couple of drive cycles though.

Thanks for the replies guys. Prob won't rush into getting the heat sheild then.
ill keep an eye on the light n see if it gos out, got a mate who can plug it in and find out what the fault is if it stays on.
heres a photo of it, I'm sure it's the same as everyone else's n I'm just being paranoid!
thanks again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30
Thats absolutely fine mate, mine sits exactly the same as yours in the pictures.
Very little will actually get in there and the small amount that does will drain out through the hole in the bottom :)

Does yours rattle ? Mines been doing my head in put some foam behind scoop now it is hitting the top of the bonnet :/ when i vtec the kit moves a fair bit.

Did at 1st mate but got some heavy duty stick on Velcro, stuck it to back of scuttle, scoop and wherever plastic is touching plastic. Solid as anything now. No vibration. Also put a length of rubber strip round the intake opening. 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Back