• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Bouncing Speedo

Afternoon folks,

Just had a brand new clutch and service done on my EP3 amongst some other work but now the speedo pin bounces around :s

When it was last at the garage this week to have the air con sorted the battery was disconnected.

The tech said he noticed the needle was bouncing around after the clutch and service was done which was 2 weeks ago.

The car has been sat since the end of may and i'm only just getting back into driving it so only just really starting to notice, its much worse when flooring it up through the gears than just cruising.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know where the position of the speed sensor is?

Hopefully this going to be a simple job if this car costs me any more money in repairs over the summer its getting a size 9 through the grill

Vehicle speed works off a sensor that’s bolted into the gearbox and is driven by the final drive/differential. On the clutch change they would of needed to disconnect the wiring to this sensor. I’d guess it’s either not connected correctly or either the sensor and/or wiring is damaged.

Lil update, sprayed the connectors on top of the VSS and checked the wiring and its fixed its self apart from a flicker on start up :S

Not sure whats gone on there but a cheap fix!

Back