• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Braided hose advise..

Guys.. What braided lines do you use and best place to purchase?

also, may as well give the calipers a once over while I'm fiddling, what's the best refurb caliper kits?

Got a set of HEL's going on the FD2 in a couple of weeks.

Prior to that I had some Do-luck ones on my DC5 which also did the job well.

Much of muchness. Mostly the same kits but just rebranded.

I've gone for the Hel as they seem to pop up most regular, mand hadn't seen many complaints. Have to ask, what is it that makes a bad fit? I can only assum they have to fit or they wouldn't work??

These with some motel rbf600 fluid, complete caliper overhaul all round (just seals and a thorough clean up), and master cyl stopper should firm up the braking!!!

It's hard to explain, but they just don't fit as well as the OEM ones. I'll be choosing Goodridge for my next set.

It's hard to explain, but they just don't fit as well as the OEM ones. I'll be choosing Goodridge for my next set.

Ok, will report how I get on. One thing I did read is that a couple of people had the goodridge ones split on them. To be honest though there can't be an awful lot between any of them and any product can have a floor. These things happen. Thanks for your help though

I had Toms (TGMs) braided lines on my last ep3 and will be ringing up to order another set soon, great quality and even better price

I think I may have goodridge ones actually, going to have to check now.

nope I have HEL ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great. I showed tom them as they were in my boot and he said they'd be ok. Time will tell..

Mine came with Do Luck hoses fitted (HEL rebranded) which had cracked and split. I ordered some replacement APP lines from Japan and when Tom removed the Do Luck hoses, the hard lines had been bent to try and make them fit. The APP were far better quality and fitted perfectly.

Back