• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Braided Hoses

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
I am aware of only two kits - Spoon and Goodridge. I believe that the Spoon kit only replaces the front lines but was wondering if the Goodridge kit replaces front and rears. Anybody :?:

Performance Solution on here also stocks the Exact hose kit which is a really nice kit and replaces all hoses :wink:

PM Yozza as I got my Goodridge set from him at a good price. Kit is for both front and rear lines and it makes a good difference.

evilowl said:
PM Yozza as I got my Goodridge set from him at a good price. Kit is for both front and rear lines and it makes a good difference.

I dont know if Yozza can still get these, if not ABP sells them for the same price :D

milano_chris said:
Are these easy to fit yourself?

If you're adept at bleeding brakes then yeah easy.

I personally leave brakes and stuff like that to people that know what they're doing. My local garage did mine and fitted the Ferodo pads & 5.1 fluid all at the same time.

My mate did mine for me, I just sat in the car and pressed the pedal when asked, took him about 90 mins to do the fronts, not got round to doing the rears, will get them done when the rear pads wear out.

I don't have the experience to bleed brakes so I'll leave that to the pro's. Currently sourcing the AEM big brake kit. Found out they've passed the manufacture onto Powerslot (www.powerslot.com) but I'm wondering whether the front discs allow for the Spoon 4-pots to be used along with it. The brakes come with brackets to re-locate the OE calipers, but would these match up to the Spoon's as I know they also require a bracket set.

evilowl said:
milano_chris said:
Are these easy to fit yourself?

If you're adept at bleeding brakes then yeah easy.

I personally leave brakes and stuff like that to people that know what they're doing. My local garage did mine and fitted the Ferodo pads & 5.1 fluid all at the same time.

I'll have a gatrage do it then if I ever get round to buying it.

CTR said:
I don't have the experience to bleed brakes so I'll leave that to the pro's. Currently sourcing the AEM big brake kit. Found out they've passed the manufacture onto Powerslot (www.powerslot.com) but I'm wondering whether the front discs allow for the Spoon 4-pots to be used along with it. The brakes come with brackets to re-locate the OE calipers, but would these match up to the Spoon's as I know they also require a bracket set.

Hvoblack had the AEM big brake kit and then removed it when he fitted the spoon callipers IIRC so would be worth chatting to him to find out if there were fitment issues between the two kit fella :wink:

Indeed i did Nick.

We tried but the relocating brackets were slightly off so wouldn't fit.

You could get some new caliper adaptors made up maybe, apart from that they would have fitted.

hovblackctr said:
Indeed i did Nick.

We tried but the relocating brackets were slightly off so wouldn't fit.

You could get some new caliper adaptors made up maybe, apart from that they would have fitted.

What re-locating brackets are talking about exactly mate, the ones that came with AEM kit or the Spoon ones. Also, can this kit be used with OE rims as I really like em and don't wanna have to change em. I have access to a fully equipped tool room in work and could get someone to modify or create new brackets if it comes down to it or am I just creating unnecessary aggro for myself? I'm basically looking for a top quality big disc and caliper conversion that'll fit with the OE rims. Contacted AP regarding their 4-pot kit but that needs aftermarket 17's which is stupid considering they specifically developed the kit for the CTR. Any help on this is appreciated.

yeah the brackets that came with the AEM kit to relocate the stock caliper would not fit the spoons.

The AEM disks will just about fit with standard wheels but you have to modify your caliper for it to fit and it is bloody tight even then. Contact ABP as they managed to get them to fit on their demo car but only just.

The Spoon calipers will fit standard wheels only with a small spacer that is supplied with the kit.

CTR said:
I'm basically looking for a top quality big disc and caliper conversion that'll fit with the OE rims. Contacted AP regarding their 4-pot kit but that needs aftermarket 17's which is stupid considering they specifically developed the kit for the CTR. Any help on this is appreciated.

Stoptech fits with standard rims and is supposed to be a mega kit.

Abbey Motorsport i know sell the Stoptech kits so could be worth giving Mark there a ring.

Thanks a lot, will do. Also trying to find out whether the Brembo kit I've found (in a separate thread I've posted) will fit a CTR. It's for a Civic Si but surely there cant be any difference to the braking system or could there? I know its got a less powerful engine than what we have but I would've thought everything else would be more or less the same.

CTR said:
Thanks a lot, will do. Also trying to find out whether the Brembo kit I've found (in a separate thread I've posted) will fit a CTR. It's for a Civic Si but surely there cant be any difference to the braking system or could there? I know its got a less powerful engine than what we have but I would've thought everything else would be more or less the same.

IT probably would fit yeah, aslong as it for the 2005 Si, but i would rather go for the Stop Tech that is a guaranteed fit, no hassles and would probably work out cheaper than importing the Brembo kit. And just remember that brembo aren't the be all and end all of brakes :wink:

Back