• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Braided hoses

Has anyone fitted braided hoses to there FN2? as there seems to be 4 and 6 line kits and 6 line kits with brake fluid distribution / mounting blocks. can anyone clear this up?

Done the whole Goodridge blocks and 6 hoses.

Don't buy the 4 hose kit as you will be missing out the important 2 hoses which go over the rear torsion beam. So a waste of time.

6 hose kit without the blocks is an MoT failure waiting to happen. Don't know much more than that about this kit but check out the thread on the civinfo forum.

I think the 6 hose block kit rocks. Makes a good difference to the cars handling under braking. No nose diving like it used to and a great constant feel under the pedal.

Well recommended but can be costly. Bought my hoses for £95 before the price went up. No idea how much they are now.

Jwracing on eBay is good.

Done the whole Goodridge blocks and 6 hoses.

Don't buy the 4 hose kit as you will be missing out the important 2 hoses which go over the rear torsion beam. So a waste of time.

6 hose kit without the blocks is an MoT failure waiting to happen. Don't know much more than that about this kit but check out the thread on the civinfo forum.

I think the 6 hose block kit rocks. Makes a good difference to the cars handling under braking. No nose diving like it used to and a great constant feel under the pedal.

Well recommended but can be costly. Bought my hoses for £95 before the price went up. No idea how much they are now.

Jwracing on eBay is good.

Thanks mate, I was going to buy the Hel 6 line kit, but they dont have distribution blocks. Where do these blocks go? as for Goodgrige they are now £160 without stainless fittings, where as the Hel kit are all stainless and £90. If I can see what these blocks are I could machine some at work.

Stick your head under the front wheel arch. Look to where the pipework exits the wheel arch and where the brake hose joins it.

You will find the blocks.

If you could machine the parts at work, it looks like an Opp to make some dosh for those who don't want to pay Goodridge prices.

You might be able to use the original blocks but I'm not sure, but if you want Goodridge lines with the stainless steel distribution blocks give ASP Trading a call 01914103770 they done it for £150 delivered and the Ferodo DS2500 pads for £90. The lines make a big difference with Ferodo DS2500 pads under heavy braking.

Back