• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Braided lines make a different alone?

I wish to make another modification to my car, but only subtle. Brakes seem like the future.

I figured if I do one thing I'd may as well try braided lines. Will these make a difference on their own, until I get around to anything else?

Anyone have any suggestions on the best price per quality purchase with these also?

Thanks

Braided lines plus new brake fluid will make a big difference. I recommend either HEL or Goodridge brake lines and Motul RBF600 fluid

I have got these fitted and i only have to touch the pedal and i am hitting the screen:)

Cheers.

ordered from the first tegiwa link. 53 for the lines 10 delivery. Could probably have found slightly cheaper somewhere else, but I already have an account with tegiwa and it seems to be around 50-60 everywhere anyway.

Need to find the fluid next. Cheers for the help!

Anybody had any problems with the HEL lines ? I have read a few bad things about them online about the plastic wearing off and splitting, because of the sliding bracket that doesn't slide so well. These posts were about a year old so the design may have changed.
I ordered some anyways lol

Sickly Pilot, a quick question.

The RBF 600fluid, will this be OK for general road use? I heard some fluids that are high performance need regularly changing because they absorb a lot of water.

Or is this the same with all fluids, and people just change them to get the higher BP?

I mean, I could use this fluid day to day for a year no problem? With some heavy braking thrown in of course!!

1 more thing, I ordered 1 L as that's how it's sold.

I read 1L is enough for all 4 lines but only just and some people order 1.5L instead.

Any thoughts about volume required?

I ordered three 1L bottles when I did my brakes just to be safe. I think I used about one and three quarter bottles? Maybe :lol: It was ages ago. I'm sure it was more than one bottle though

Back