• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Braided lines worth it?

Im after getting drilled and grooved discs and will be getting yellow stuff pads, im just wondering would it be worth my while getting braided lines?

Im heading to nurburgring in june and just want to hear your opinions.

I wouldnt get any of thoses combinations TBH, my advice would be OEM discs, Ferodo DS2500's and braided lines. Also upgraded brake fluid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes i will be doing the fluid defo.

Yellow stuff no good?

haven't really done much homework on them to be honest,have bought the discs but not the pads

Thats grand i was going to pay 120euro for yellow stuff, so not that dearer really.

Great help guys thanks

Spot on advice as usual.

That's the set-up I'm running and it is a dramatic improvement. :smt023

I think the yellow stuff need some heat in them to start working, so not really ideal for a daily drive.

Lottie will confirm I'm sure.

I have just fitted a set of OE spec Brembo discs with DS2500's and changed the fluid to ATE Superblue. Braking performance is fantastic, highly recommended as above. Good from cold, amang when warmed up.

I think the yellow stuff need some heat in them to start working, so not really ideal for a daily drive.

Lottie will confirm I'm sure.

Exactly right, came to a traffic light and actually couldnt stop.

Be careful with the redstuff as well they have been known to crumble. It was a while ago though so hopefully things have improved.

I wouldnt get any of thoses combinations TBH, my advice would be OEM discs, Feroddo DS2500's and braided lines. Also upgraded brake fluid.

This.

I have that on my S2000 and the performance at the Ring and Spa earlier this month was fantastic.

No I haven't. I take it they are good?

Only reason I went for my EBC disk & pad combo it because it's what I had on my teg so I just stuck with what I knew. :lol:

x

Honestly try Ferodo next time, ive used them on track now for about 4 years and never had any issues (apart from using crappy Tarox G88 discs)

Back