• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

brake clicking

Morning All
My ep3 has started making a clicking noise. only seems to happen after the car has been driven after a mile or two. and only happens at low speeds.
If i go forward a few feet at 5mph if that and press the brake i get a click noise, then if i put it in reverse and go back a few feet an press the brake it does the same click. this clicking happens every time i go back and forth. it also happens when i`m reversing into a parking bay and has you straighten the steering up as i`m reversing the click happens again, I haven't noticed this at high speed. the car did have new pads and discs about 1000miles back but only noticed the click the last 100miles or so. my dad has had a good look over the car checking ,ball joints, drop links, the brakes, the rack and track rod ends and top mounts and nothing seems untoward. so wondering if any one has had similar issues or can shed some light on the subject.
Many Thanks

Are the pad retainers still in place? Just thinking the pad might be moving in the caliper when you apply the brake and the click being the pad against the caliper?

I had the same thing and my caliper was seizing up. Only realised when the brake was dragging and had to be recovered off the m25. Does the corner in question build up more brake dust on the wheel?

Shims in the caliper carrier have gone weak. Causing the pads to move in the carrier. You can tweak/bend the shims so they apply more pressure to the pads to stop the clicking.

Back