• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

brake cylinder master stopper advice

Saw this item on tegiwa site an thought that the function behind it was amazing specially since considering I'm getting new brake pads,lines an fresh fluid.

Only problem is though I've not heard very much about them to know if they work a sufficiently as made out in description?
Any advice about it would be much appreciated? Also a guide asto how to fit would be great!

Or even advice on investing on more well rated brand names product

Thanks

Attachments

• tegiwa-brake-master-cylinder-stopper-civic-1040.jpg
    tegiwa-brake-master-cylinder-stopper-civic-1040.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
So you don't reckon that its worth a bash I was intrigued an was going to see what they were like has been some positive feedback about them. Where about in scotland you from mate?

Invest the coin in a set of braided brake lines and better fluid like Motul rbf600. or a better set of brake pads.

Alright I see mate I'm in process of ordering pads,lines an fluids as you mentioned, very suprised you haven't felt difference everyone else has given pretty positive feedback. Hppy days mate I'm from across the bridge in Tranent,east lothian
I'm going to get ds2500's front&rear,rbf600 fluid,hks lines an was going to have a wee punt at the brake stopper to see the difference

It's up to you bud. You will see a massive difference with the lines, fluid and ds2500 pads over oem anyway, i was very surprised how much better the combo was!

I personaly think it is more of a placebo effect with these brake stoppers on a ctr. Infact i may just take it off at the weekend and see if it changes anything. it was a pita to fit so have just left it on and forgotten all about it.

Happy days mate I think I may just give it a bash an see if not then least I can say I've tried and wasn't for me!
Brilliant I take it that's same setup as your running on your ctr mate?yeah?
Have you got a FSU on your CTR mate? I've been trying to find places local to get it done closest I've found from forum post is bonnybridge.
Take it its not as simple as the how to guide makes it look then mate?lol

I have Goodridge S/S braided lines with Motul RBF600 fluid. I currently have a set of oem pads on but will be putting ds2500's on again as they are way better than oem pads. Well worth the extra cash.

It was just a bit tight and awkward to get into the place to fit the brake stopper.

I don't have FRSU on my CTR. i have all the bits, Springs and camber adjusters, and have done for years now but never got round to fitting any of it as i struggled to find a close enough place that done the FRSU. Bonnybridge is the only place i have heard of.

Happy days I'm currently running oem pads aswell and think I will invest in the ds2500's they're the pad everyone has mentioned to use as they run them aswell!
It does look pretty tight in the pics but hopefully I can get in no probs atall fingers crossed anyway patience isn't a strong key of mine with fiddly parts haha
Happy days I've been looking aswell to get the fsu so can have an even better handling ctr although its pretty decent straight out the box :) very true is only place I have heard ofaswell in bonnybridge is just abit to unlocal for me aswell.
Do you reckon that if you could find out what the geometry is that an independant place could set it up to that setting? Just a quick thought

Back