• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake discs and pads advice

No offence but if OEM are out of your price range then get yourself a Fiesta.

When you say OEM I'm assuming you mean "purchased directly from Honda"? But plenty of OEM (or equivalent) parts are available from all manner of retailers, hell, even Pagid discs are fine if you're not on a track, and might even be okay for that for a while.

When I say oem I mean purchased from honda, they are £90 per disc. I know there are a lot of oem equivalents like brembo and delphi but assumed the one's linked would be better. If the oem equivalents are good then I'm happy to go for them but can't afford £360 Just for discs this month as I'll also need two tyres. Tyres and brakes are the two things I wouldn't skimp on so if everyone said these were no good I'll wait a month and go for originals from honda or maybe sell the type r and buy a fiesta

Thanks for the replies

If money is a problem then get what you can afford - unless you're heading out on track or looking to get nicked for dangerous driving you don't need to buy the best components for the car to be functional. As with all parts, aftermarket generally isn't quite up to standard and likely won't last as long or perform as well as OEM but you'll find no end of arguments on the internet about what's actually the better option and how to buy on a budget.

I'm sure Mike is dead on and some bog standard Pagid's from Eurocarfarts would see you away without too much bother.

Edit: Also need to be careful of cheapo drilled/grooves discs if you're planning on using them for anything more than normal driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who doesn't love a cracked disk when you're heading up to a corner in a hurry? :)

Even the more 'premium' aftermarket discs will crack with some abuse. 1 UK track day and 2 Nurburgring track days I think I got my money's worth
ff75326eb5f6c88aea9b5a64f10ba6d0.jpg

Looks like you’re overheating the pad. What were you running?

Carbotech XP10 on the front. I overheated the brakes by over using them in the wet at the Nürburging. My own doing really but it took most of the day for me to adjust my style to wet driving and not use the brakes as much.

You need bigger discs, things won't heat up so much and will last a lot longer.

I've done 6+ trackdays on the same pads and discs with 332mm on the DC5.

You need bigger discs, things won't heat up so much and will last a lot longer.

I've done 6+ trackdays on the same pads and discs with 332mm on the DC5.
Yeah we've done 6 or 7 trackdays on the same front disks and pads with the 330mm stoptech kit, no worries.

Back