• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 brake fade

You won't get fade with DS2500, they will continue to bite way beyond their designed operating temperature. Which is inherently part of their biggest issue because they brake down and leave deposits on the disc surface which will cause vibrations when braking.
Yeah, that's what happened with mine but I must have been pretty good at keeping the temps under control as this only happened after having them on for two years. Discs were quite worn too with a lip around the edge. Granted the material left on the pad was virtually zero mind haha!

My biggest gripe with ds2500 is the Dust. It's unreal. Can't fault them otherwise. But think I'll try something else next time to get a better opinion.

For what its worth I've used DS2500 and found them good but they can get hot and cause vibration - that said I like them, I now have fitted DS3000 with OEM disks & Calliper's on my EP3 daily/track slag - they are really good, even when cold, but you've gotta clean the wheels regularly otherwise the deposits are hard to move.

The ep3 I just bought have DS2500's on, they feel a million times better than I remember (im imuch more impressed than i was first time round with them), at first I was thinking is it because I have grooved disks
But then I have been driving around with standard 1.6 Mx5 brakes from the mid 90's

The dust is a pain though, they can be known to squeal at times too.

I had some Dixcel pads (Decent spec ones - cant remember which model in the past that I managed a stupidly good deal on through Burn! Motorsport and thought they were really good (although it was never tracked)

Just been to try find which ones but Burn have gone into liquidation

For what its worth I've used DS2500 and found them good but they can get hot and cause vibration - that said I like them, I now have fitted DS3000 with OEM disks & Calliper's on my EP3 daily/track slag - they are really good, even when cold, but you've gotta clean the wheels regularly otherwise the deposits are hard to move.

Kevin85 ruined a set of DS3000's on one track day. He now uses Pagid RS29 and swears by them. I also run them and they are easily the best pad that I've tried.

Kevin85 ruined a set of DS3000's on one track day. He now uses Pagid RS29 and swears by them. I also run them and they are easily the best pad that I've tried.

I've done one track day at Coombe and about 3000 road miles and they're fine. But Pagid RS29 are next :lol::lol::lol:

Where & whens your next track day Chris?

I've done one track day at Coombe and about 3000 road miles and they're fine. But Pagid RS29 are next :lol::lol::lol:

Where & whens your next track day Chris?

Kevin, like me, is quite an aggressive driver and we tend to leave our fcuks in the paddock and brake as late and hard as possible. :lol:

Right now it's Castle Combe on the 4th of August, I'd like to do one between now and then but unfortunately I have more grown up things to spend money on like tax bills and furniture.

I went for the HC800's this time around and prefer the DS2500's. Brake dust between the 2 is about the same imo.

The DS2500's survived well enough on the old EP3 around Spa and that was a very warm day.

May try Pagid next or go back to the old faithful

Would you say they're worth having for on the road though, the RS29's?

Back