• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake issue or is it normal?

Hello everyone,

Just last week I had my front brake pads replaced on my 2004 EP3, with OEM pads, the thing I have noticed is that when I press on the brake pedal, the stopping isn't instant, it takes a little more longer than normal to come to a standstill, I have driven around over 100 miles, but I was wondering if this is okay or something missed by the garage?

Thanks

Anyone...? :/

It's difficult to say without driving it but new pads will need to bed in however I would have thought they would be ok after that mileage. If any grease went on the disks during the change would affect performance so it's worth checking and cleaning if necessary.
one other thing to consider is how the car feels generally now that they,ve been changed. I.e does it feel any more nippy? The reason for asking that is that if the old pads were dragging before due to being clogged with brake dust etc, the act of replacing them may have "freed" them up so to speak causing it to"feel"different. As I say, it,s difficult to say without driving and is pretty subjective. Does it feel that the braking is dangerous or just different?

It does feel more nippier and braking does also feel a lot more dangerous, it takes a lot longer to stop.

Back