• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake pads

Just went down to me local garage (national tyres) and they said they can't fit any other brake pads apart from theirs because of insurance etc.:mad: ??? Something about, if they fit other pads on and I have an accident, their insurance won't cover for the accident. Blah Blah Blah. :p

Looking to convert to a set of DS2500 but who will fit them?

Regards

Yoshi

Yeah. As Shaenei's said - all you'll need is the pads, a socket wrench, and something to hold the caliper piston back, and a bit of copper-slip (in addition to a jack, and axle stand etc.)

Don't attempt it without having something to keep the piston back; you won't be able to push it back to get the new pads in otherwise - don't make this mistake.

You'll save yourself labour charges - of at least £30-40+.. It's a doddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just wind the piston back if it comes out! A big screwdriver should do it! Had to sort my rears not so long back, they were siezed on.

I tried to wind it back.. ended up having to drain the caliper, as I didn't have the tool - and could not for the life of me, get it pushed back.

Got the tool now. Awesomes.

Back