• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake report after Honda service...

'ello peeps, long time no post (the mrs. had a baby about 2 mths ago) :)

My '05 EP3 was serviced & MOT'd by the Honda main delears yesterday - no probs, but they noted that the rear discs were corroded on the edges. I've not actually checked (since it was gettng dark) but should it be a reason to be concerned? The friction surfaces are nice and smooth as are the fronts.

By the way, the efficiency report was 98% - which was nice. (Ferodo pads all 'round) :)

ta

Might not be anything wrong with them, the corrosion will be down to age rather than wear.
Stick it on your to-do list before the next service/MOT...if there is a noticable "lip" around the edge of the disc where the pads dont contact the disc at the outer edge (which I would have thought Honda would have noted if there was), then maybe bump it up to the top of the to-do list...

Back