• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake set up FN2

Looking at this as a brake set up and was after opinions or anything I might have missed, thanks.

-HEL Steel Braided Lines.
-Standard Discs (still plenty of life and from feedback on here should be ample).
-Ferodo DS2500 Pads Rear and Front.
-Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid.

Plan will be general road use and 2-3 track days per year.

That should be just fine.

Make sure the HEL lines are the 6 line kit and come with new distribution blocks.

DS2500's on the rear is a bit overkill to be honest so I would save yourself some money and stick with OEM pads.

Also look into getting a baffled sump fitted if you haven't already.

Everything else sounds great though. Have you got any track days lined up?

I'd normally agree with you Colin but I've got uprated pads on the back (Cosworth Streetmasters) pretty much for the sole reason that they make less dust than the OEMs, especially with the way the VSA is always on the rear brakes. :lol:

Agree though, pretty much overkill on a road car.

Baffled sumps with a standard FN2 oil pump are also quite few and far between. You are looking at the Mugen one really and that is £££. I've got the Clockwise Motion one but that is specific to using the OEM oil pan but with the FD2 oil pump conversion. It could be worth contacting Clockwise though to see if they've developed one for the OEM oil pump, as it's a cracking bit of kit.

Cheers guys,

With regards to the baffled sump i've noticed tegiwa do a weld in kit for £70. Any good?

Have you got any track days lined up?

Not yet as looking to upgrade brakes and tyres to Yokoham AD08s first. Hopefully go to Lydden Hill or Brands Hatch a couple of times this year as only down the road.

I'd completely forgotten about the Tegiwa plates. Yes they'd do the trick. :smt023

I'd normally agree with you Colin but I've got uprated pads on the back (Cosworth Streetmasters) pretty much for the sole reason that they make less dust than the OEMs, especially with the way the VSA is always on the rear brakes. :lol:

Agree though, pretty much overkill on a road car.

Baffled sumps with a standard FN2 oil pump are also quite few and far between. You are looking at the Mugen one really and that is £££. I've got the Clockwise Motion one but that is specific to using the OEM oil pan but with the FD2 oil pump conversion. It could be worth contacting Clockwise though to see if they've developed one for the OEM oil pump, as it's a cracking bit of kit.

Fair enough :getcoat: :lol:

Cheers guys,

With regards to the baffled sump i've noticed tegiwa do a weld in kit for £70. Any good?

Not yet as looking to upgrade brakes and tyres to Yokoham AD08s first. Hopefully go to Lydden Hill or Brands Hatch a couple of times this year as only down the road.

Have you done many trackdays before? Check out http://www.hondas-on-track.com, there is a trackday at Brands on the 26th June.

Cheers guys,

My advice would be stick to normal road tyres for your first few track days, you'll learn far more.

That should be just fine.

Make sure the HEL lines are the 6 line kit and come with new distribution blocks.

Sorry to butt in , but where is the best place to get these from as everyone seems to stock the 4 part ones.

Regards
Baz

Back