• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake setup solely for track?

I'm doing time attack next year so maybe I don't need to go as aggressive as I think as the interior will be removed so less weight travelling forward when I stand on the brakes but I'm looking for suggestions.

Preferably I'd like to stick with my OEM Brembo callipers. Carbon setups are not allowed in Time Attack over here.

I've bought 3G discs and EBC yellows last year but they haven't been fitted yet as I've been waiting until my current setup has worn down and now I'm not sure they'll cut the mustard when used solely for track. I think they're more suited to a fast road brake setup with the odd trackday.

DS3000's have good reviews for track use. Need to be up to temperature to work though, so aren't great if you're driving it to and from the track etc.

Most of my race customers are running CL Brakes sintered metal pads. Ferodo and Mintex make a similar product.

Bin the EBCs would be my advice, DS3000's as mentioned and if you want cheapish discs go for the Bremtech grooved, also make sure you have braided lines and uprated fluid. Being time attack you may get away with this setup as its only a few laps. If not you will need to upgrade the calipers to something like the Stoptechs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back