• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake stuff

How many litres of motul 5.1 do I need when replacing old fluid for my big brake kit being fitted?

Also is there any gain with zinc coated braided goodridge hoses as oppose to normal stainless steel ones?

Cheers,

Lee

Just a guess but I reckon 2 ltrs? Even if it's too much you could always keep hold of it for a later date.

I'm not sure if the zinc coated lines are zinc coated stainless or mild. But mild steel zinc coated makes more sense than stainless zinc coated, if you follow?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Scott

Thanks for that scott I've ordered the motul! Still not sure about the braided lines. I'm sure there's not that much difference anyway..

No worries, just hope my guess was right :eek:

Maybe give a local tuners a holla if your stuck re the braided lines Leooo. They may be able to shed some light on it?

Scott

That's a great idea! I'll ring up europerformance and see what they say! Thanks again!

Leooo just checked Demon tweeks and I think that the zinc plating applies to the fittings being plated, not the lines, which is what I was thinking :roll:

Thanks sunny, I've ordered two litres of motul. Should be plenty! The zinc fittings.. I can only assume the zinc makes the less corrosive with the brake fluid or makes them stonger. Stuff it. I'm going to order themost expensive lol.

The zinc fittings.. I can only assume the zinc makes the less corrosive with the brake fluid or makes them stonger. Stuff it. I'm going to order themost expensive lol.

The zinc fittings, I presume are, mild steel fittings zinc plated to stop them corroding. Where as the stainless fittings are exactly that and are therefore more expensive, I'd go stainless fittings myself.

Scott

That's what I thought shaenei but the stainless ones are more expensive and that's what I've ordered :D

That's what I thought shaenei but the stainless ones are more expensive and that's what I've ordered :D

Zinc is a very common element which is why it's cheap, I think the stainless process for steel is more expensive

First thing that pops into my head is zinc doesn't rust and stainless can suffer from rust

Zinc doesn't really rust but does tend to oxidise, so the fittings will look sh!t after a while.

Stainless can rust eventually but if a higher grade of stainless such as 316 is used for the fittings, then they will not rust as easily as a lower grade, like 304 would. Not sure what grade Goodridge use though.

Scott

Back