• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake Systems

Hi Guys, i read a lot on here about the rep for Stoptech's and how good they are for the Ep3. But i was reading someones avatar a few days ago and saw they had Spoon calipers (retains abs). Do the stoptechs get rid of ABS, i would have thought any kit, Brembo, AP, Tar.Ox etc would all have kept ABS. Can any one explain? Also, do the kits have BHP ratings? I heard someone mention the DC% brembo's are good for up to 250bhp, but if someone was building a 400bhp street car, would the stoptechs do the job? TDI north descriptions also hint the Spoon brakes are better than the Stoptechs. Also interested to see what others are running bar stoptechs, anyone got anything else? 12 pot Tar.ox's or owt huge lol

Stoptechs retain ABS. I would have thought that they are better then the Spoons but I'm not 100% sure.

The Stoptechs are better and they retain the ABS.
DC5 Brembos require quite a bit of the rest of the DC5 to make them fit an EP3.
Its actually the tyres that give you grip to stop quickly, brakes just slow the rotating mass. But if you are doing lots of track type work then the standard CTR brakes will fade very quickly so uprating to a more race spec set up will be better suited for the work required

I have Stoptechs, TGM do a Brembo EP3 kit, APs are very good.
Depends on your budget:D

thanks for that, would probably end up with the stoptechs whe ni start looking, but if money was no object, which set would you go for?

Money no object..........something custom made for my car and its requirements and as TGM would source and fit then it would prop involve a Brembo caliper.:D

Back