• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake wear

Just been to get my car (5 days to fix a reverse light fault and then they blow the rear wiper fuse 9chumps)) and they have done a Honda Happiness health check on my 06 CTR, everythings fine but they grade the brakes as 25% worn on the back and 65% on the front, is this ratio normal? I've noticed that the fronts do produce markedly more brake dust than the rears and my 03 megane felt like it was able to stop harder than the Civic.

Anything to be concerned about?

Just been to get my car (5 days to fix a reverse light fault and then they blow the rear wiper fuse 9chumps)) and they have done a Honda Happiness health check on my 06 CTR, everythings fine but they grade the brakes as 25% worn on the back and 65% on the front, is this ratio normal? I've noticed that the fronts do produce markedly more brake dust than the rears and my 03 megane felt like it was able to stop harder than the Civic.

Anything to be concerned about?

The vast majority of the braking is done by the front brakes so I wouldn't be concerned to be honest. When I had my CTR my front disks and pads were changed at 18k but when I got rid of the car at about 25k, the rears had loads of life left in them. :)

Just had mine serviced, the 4 year one and my car's just over 40k :(

Fronts are at 50% and the backs at 60%

Don't know how thick the ones Honda supply are, but I've got a set for Ferodo DC2000's to go on the front and they are the same thickness.

I guess it all depends on how you use them, but I think braking is something like 60/40 or there about's.

I guess it all depends on how you use them, but I think braking is something like 60/40 or there about's.

On an EP3 it'd say it could be as high as 80/20, there is very little weight over the rear....

80/20 does sound more like it, it's deffinately somewhere around that.

I'd deffinately expect to go through at least two sets of front pads before the rears get a look in.

Anyone know how much front brake pads supplied and fitted by Honda (under the honda happiness scheme) costs?
And how much is a brake fluid change if done at the same time? I assume this cannot be done under honda happiness?

I know prices will vary slightly from dealer to dealer and region to region but an idea of price would help.

Thanks

Anyone know how much front brake pads supplied and fitted by Honda (under the honda happiness scheme) costs?
And how much is a brake fluid change if done at the same time? I assume this cannot be done under honda happiness?

I know prices will vary slightly from dealer to dealer and region to region but an idea of price would help.

Thanks
Front pads about £45. Fit them yourself, they're a piece of píss. I think some esteemed member on here did a how to guide.

Thanks

Front pads and discs are £210 with Honda Happiness IIRC

Rear pads and discs are also £215. Just had mine replaced under warranty [f.o.c];)

I have come to the Civic from a Renaultsport Clio172 and found that the brakes dont seem to stop as well as the Frenchie.

However, I think its just the fact that the Renault brakes are far more sensitive and if you stamp a bit harder on the Honda's they do a decent job.

I had exactly the same on my Accord Sport a few years back - I actually took it back in to the garage and told them something was wrong with them. They gave it back to me without doing a thing saying they were in perfect working order. A few weeks later, I'd adjusted to them. Racked that car up to 55k without changing a thing before selling it and it went just like new.:D

My rear pads so far have done about 57K miles and they're still going strong. Fronts have been changed twice.

My rear pads and discs on my Teg are fooked.

LOL I remember killing a set of discs and pads on my EP3 within 18000 miles! :twisted: :lol: :oops:

Back