• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brakes boiling after 15 laps of Cadwell Park???

Well that's another track day cut short.

After 15 laps my brake pedal went soft.

Specs are:
EBC yellowstuff pads and grooved discs on the front, 4 months old
EBC pads on the rear, brembo discs, brand new
Braided lines all round, brand new
Motul RBF600 fluid, brand new
Pro-reconditioned rear calipers (zero miles since recon)

I do brake very, very hard and very late. So they have been getting abused. But should they boil?

The thing is you've changed pads and disks but you've still got one piece discs, same diameter and the same cooling as OEM.

If you're struggling on OEM size you'll need to be looking at a bigger set of discs that will work as effectively without generating the same heat, or some ducting from the front to push air onto the discs like on the DC5 or some two piece discs or all three.

No matter what pads you use, if they're working well you're going to generate heat. It's just how you manage that heat.

I was going off advice I've read on here that the spec I have would be fine for trackdays.

Plenty of people say OEM sized discs are fine with uprated pads, lines and fluid.

I'm either going to make the move to bigger brakes or ditch the car and concentrate on my other projects :(

Back