• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Brakes?

Hi guys... would anyone give me quick suggestion.

When I go in straight line I can hear brushing like noise from my side...looks like its going from back wheel. When I turn even slightly right its even worst and when left the brushing stops.
If I do some Hardcore braking it stops completely even for a day or so but it gets back again.

DO you thing it would be brake pads gone or something stacked between pad and disc? To be fair mechanic told me I got like 2k miles on rear pads and they will need change. Also my passengers side Rear Brake pad is way more used then the other one. Anyone know why?

Im about to order front and rear pads with new discs as well...so quick answer would really help me.

Btw getting Ferodo DS2500 front and Rear with Stoptech sportstop Front discs and OEM rear discs...plus Hel lines... good combo?

Regards Radim

Sounds like you're brakes are binding on the rear on one side if one is worn more than the others. That wound also explain the grinding and why it goes away for a while after stamping on them.

Just found out its not rear but front right... and its really doing it just on braking or when you turning right. :/ What about those new brakes...is it good combo Loxy?

Yeah sounds spot on. Stick some RBF600 or some ATE Super Blue fluid in there while you are at it.

I'd only do those after you've sorted the binding issue or you are going to chew through your new brakes in no time.

A good way to tell if they're binding is to go for a short 10 minute drive, using the brakes as little as possible. If one or more of the calipers are binding the discs will be so hot you won't be able to touch them but the calipers that aren't sticking will be normal temp.

Or a wheel that's got a lot more brake dust than the opposite side on the same axle is a good sign

or it is as simple as the brake shield/cover (call it whatever you like) that got bent slightly and is rubbing on the brake disc, like it was on my fn2.

The brake pistons on these cars are horrendously prone to corrosion. A caliper rebuild kit is around £35 each corner, worth doing regardless of what the current issue turns out to be.

+1 on the super blue fluid. Braided lines are good too while you have the brakes off.

Thanks for advice guys... brakes are done and dusted. Noise is gone as apparently my front were brushed out to metal lol...

New combo is still bedding so I have not done proper Hardcore braking but can already feel big improvement.

Its also going to Honda at 8:30am for Valve Clearance and Roof rust fix...cant wait when its all done.

Back