• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

braking problem....

Hi Guys,

Ive been getting a very feint click sound that can be felt on the passenger foot well which occurs when im braking soflty, ive recently changed my discs n pads all around and never used to get this sound before, sometimes (most) it doesnt happen and it will come back know and again. Would anyone have any ideas about potential areas where i shud be looking at, it not cv because it doesn't happen when i turn. Only when i brake.

You've got a 4 way joint on the outside of the passenger footwell which it could be, I'm not sure if it's got a pressure valve inside though.

Can you replicate the problem when not moving by gently pressing the brake pedal (make sure the handbrakes off). It might help narrow down the source of the click

The part I'm referring to is item 27 on this picture
B__2513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate,

The problem doesn't happen at all when standing still and pressing the break pedal, it occurs now and again on braking, i'm thinking towards a loose clip maybe or weak bush, but if it was bush it would happen while im not braking, which it doesnt. So am a bit stumped. Could be loose pad maybe or wrong side you think.

Best thing to do is remove the NSF wheel and examine the brake parts for slackness.

So i've just checked everything and everything seemed fine, although i do notice the calliper shakes a pit when pulled from the back and it does cause a slight click, i took of the calliper and checked the pads and top and bottom clips, everything seemed ok. I did however notice my lower arm bush is slit and thats not good..fcuked..

Back