• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brembo discs and pads?

Seen these on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-TYP...fits=Cars+Type:2.0+Type-R&hash=item43ae0c3a38

Just wondering if there any good or not or if anyone else has the same set up? Rear discs are shot due to the caliper being stuck on a bit i think so i thought i might as well upgrade the lot while I'm at it. I'm only using the car for daily road use bit of spirited driving here and there but no track use was also thinking DS2500's pads for the front :)

Don't get drilled discs as they increase the risk of cracking. Grooved are good put probably overkill as you are not going to be using the car on track.

OEM discs with DS2500's at the front will be more than enough.

Thanks for the reply Colin,I was thinking that but the front discs are a bit glazed over anyway so i would need to buy new discs regardless and the Brembo discs are cheaper than OEM so i thought it would make more sense to spend less but upgrade at the same time lol?

Just get the Brembo blanks or grooved.

Example of what happens with cheaper drilled discs.

This from HOT Stu's DC2 (Kingy):

facebook_1620361855jpg.jpg

Vtecdirect can get front and rear grooved Bremtech's for £180 which are rated very highly.

I use the Brembo oem replacement discs and pads on mine I find them great no problems so far, I don't track mine or anything it's my daily driver I do give it some now and again and they have done everything I've asked of them. I used Honda oem's on my 1st CTR but they would warp all the time, these Brembo's I'm now running are much better. Plus on your link I don't think the discs are Brembo only the pads.

Iv got brembo drilled and grooved disks and pads all round. I wont be buying again. Noisy, dusty and dont stop half as well as genuine honda.

Back