• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brembo discs and pads

Hey guys i'm getting new brakes fitted but i don't know what to go for, I know there are hundreds of these posts on here but i want advice on a particular eBay item.
Everyone goes on about DS2500's which i would love to buy after reading up on here but they are out of my price range at the moment.

I found these Brembo discs and pads on eBay but i'm not sure they are worth spending the money on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-TYP...Grooved-Brake-Discs-BREMBO-Pads-/290682845752

Has anyone try'd these or similar and can give me any feedback?
Also i'm going to be taking it to the track in the next few months so will they do for that as well as fast road driving.

Thanks guys

The discs will be fine but the pads will be OEM equivalent, so don't expect them to be an upgrade. They'll feel better than the old used ones no doubt though!

I have the brembos at the moment and they have taken some real punishment. They do the job well for the price. But give of a tonne of brake dust!

Can i use ds2500 on the front and something abit cheaper on the back? or will that cause issues with brake balance?

I wouldn't use DS2500. Pads have moved on a lot and they are terrible for leaving pad deposits on the disk as they break down.

Fair enough, yh i noticed a lot of the posts were from years ago. What would you suggest then?
I have no clue on this stuff i have never had a car worth upgrading before, normaly just go to part shop they ask for reg and get whatever im given :p

I'm not sure about Honda's these days. I'm getting some Carbotech XP8's for my Evo but I think they produce a lot of dust. I don't do too many miles in it so it's not an issue but for a road car it may be a pain.

Hey guys i'm getting new brakes fitted but i don't know what to go for, I know there are hundreds of these posts on here but i want advice on a particular eBay item.
Everyone goes on about DS2500's which i would love to buy after reading up on here but they are out of my price range at the moment.

I found these Brembo discs and pads on eBay but i'm not sure they are worth spending the money on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-TYP...Grooved-Brake-Discs-BREMBO-Pads-/290682845752

Has anyone try'd these or similar and can give me any feedback?
Also i'm going to be taking it to the track in the next few months so will they do for that as well as fast road driving.

Thanks guys

Did you get these? Thinking about them myself... :confused:

have you done any track days in your evo chris?
Im thinking of changing either to a impreza sti or evo 6.

the discs arnt brembo i dont think, its only the pads, i would say the EBC ones are better. though i may be wrong

I got the same ones that jono recommended. Couldn't get the other ones delivered in time. I think they are the same discs in both just with different pads.
Havent had a chance to give them a good thrashing yet but they seem good so far.

I'm about to change the front discs and pads on my FN2, but wondered if the drilled and grooved Brembo discs were any good? I'm thinking of combining them with Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

Jay

Just get the grooved or plain.

You'll have no performance gains that you will notice with the drilled but you would run the risk of them cracking as a lot of cheaper drilled ones do.

If anyone is considering the standard brembo discs and pads I wouldn't bother. I had some and on a drive on the black mountain road in Wales I had massive fade and the discs went blue after 3 single runs, I replaced the pads with oem not long afterwards.

Normal use they were OK at best in my opinion

I used the brembo blanks and pads, there not an upgrade just OEM equivalent (as mentioned), however, I found them fine but wouldn't use them for track days because I've experienced fading with them.

I'm changing mine in new year was going to go with RPB grooved discs fornt and rear, but unsure on pads. I won't be doing any track days just after a slight upgrade. Any recommended pads to go with these? http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/brakes/rpb-brake-discs-front-ep3-fn2.html

Contacted Tegiwa they recommended DS2500 but are there any other pads worth a look? What are the Stoptech's like?

I really liked the DS2500 in the S2000, good feel, good stopping power, not alot of dust and no noise on track and including daily use. I have a set for the 350z but will fit them early next year.

I haven't tried others but I have no doubt there are better pads available, but the price and performance for my use on the S2000 was spot on

Back