• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brembo disc's & pads over heating

I've got problems with my new Brembo pads & disc's overheating ?
after slowing down from 60mph 3 times within 5 mins my brakes have overheated ?
any idea's have contacted the seller and he's laughing at me ? ive refitted my OEM HONDA & they work fine ? this is his reply ?

High i have never had a comeback on these brakes?? I mean they are brembo..and i must contact them regarding this issue i believe they will laugh at me when i tell them the issue as brembo brakes exceed oe quality.. Will speak to them and get back to you.. I would suggest a caliper check as it could be sticking and causing pads to constantly be in contact cheers

Any help please. Thanks

Did you upgrade your fluid and lines too? thats what I did when I installed mine and I havnt had any issues. His reply isnt exactly helpful so I would try getting in touch with Brembo and just state they are over heating quickly and are perhaps sticking to the pad - as thats the most useful thing the seller said - and see what they say. He is right they are a quality product. I dont mean this in a dorrogatory way - but did you fit them yourself?

Take it! :)

I never buy a pad without the proper specs being shown. Temp ranges/friction co-efficient etc.

Well, I've never been a fan of the DS2500's (if you're thinking about getting some). Other people swear by them, but I just knew they didn't perform that well for me. I kept getting them to fade.

Even their own graph shows how they can't handle the real heat! (Was fitted to a touring car for this test though)

FER4003.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried them mate. However, they do look pretty good from the specs, come in slightly better than the DS2500.

Give them a go and give us a review!

Back