• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brembo drilled brakes

Alright lads, done a search and looked about but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Question is, I've seen some Brembo drilled and grooved discs and pads (on ebay) for front axle on my EP3 Type R.

Anyone got these fitted or know much about them? They any good? Also the discs have an impact screw I'm
Lead to believe, would this come in the kit? I know generally Brembo are a good choice but I'm sure you lads could help me out lol.

Cheers

I have these. They're ok. Not much of an improvement from OEM to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference anyway. You have everything you need to fit them with your current discs.

Incase you were interested, I went with Ferodo DS2500 pads. The mintex ones you can get with them generally have a bad reputation. I'm running them on the rears but they don't do much in the grand scheme of things.

How much are they up for?

You'd be better off changing the pads for fast road ones, changing the fluid and getting some braided hoses.

IIRC they were the neck end of £100 without the pads, that's just for the fronts. I didn't see any point in upgrading the rear discs.

Getting dot 5.1 fluid change by Honda and seeing about getting s/s lines on aswell.

The brembos are £99 delivered if I remember rightly mate. Pads are wearing but not really low, wanted new pads and discs because I'm a tart sometimes lol

^As mentioned, don't put those mintex pads on. They've had some really bad reviews.

Mintex? Lol, well on the ad they say their Brembo pads and discs. Doesn't mention mintex, well I hope not, I'll have to re check

Brembo don't make pads AFAIK. If it's ebay, its more than likely you're using the same store I did, in which case they come with mintex pads.

Ahh cheers for that mate. I'll email company to make 100% sure. Just checked ad again and it emphasises they are Brembo pads but I'll chase that up. Their actually only 95 quid now lol

If their just mintex pads, I doubt I'd buy the kit then buy extra pads. But I'll have to make sure first. Cheers for the heads up mate

No worries, could have changed the kit by now I suppose. I've had mine on 3 or 4 months now...

brembo do make pads.... I recently got a pair of Brembo discs and pads for my fronts off eBay for £99... and to be honest I didnt notice any difference from OEM. mine wernt drilled though

brembo do make pads.... I recently got a pair of Brembo discs and pads for my fronts off eBay for £99... and to be honest I didnt notice any difference from OEM. mine wernt drilled though

Those must be the same Im looking at, well apart from their drilled and grooved. I'll update once I receive a reply off the seller. Cheers lads

Just to update, seller insists both pads and discs are both Brembo.

Question, the impact screw holding the disc on, will it come in kit or will it be reusable. Just in the past I've had to drill them out if they've been in a long while.

Cheers

brembo supply 2 screws with each pair of discs... but thats only enough for one disc :lol:

ive got them on the front now ^

i think theyre just unbranded discs with brembo pads, theyre just the same as oem bar the drilled/grooved look

ive only had them on a few months but theyre coming off tuesday to be replaced with my 330mm setup :D

Back