• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brian Crower stage2 on stock pistons

Hey mates,

Already got all parts for my upgrade, but have a real big doubt. My tuner says its ok, but another one doesn't even want to do a thing with my car after the mod. The biggest issue is installing Brian Crower camshafts stage 2 on my stock engine. I have no stroker kit and I'm afraid it can be lethal for the engine. What do you think on it?

Thanks

I would worry more about the valve train than the pistons.

Having looked at the BC website, they recommend new springs and seats.

I'm assuming you have the N/A stage 2 camshafts BC0042-2. BC website states that this kit "Requires kit BC0040 or BC0040S", these are the spring, retainer and seat kits.

You do not want to put these cams in a stock engine. The minimum you will need is the required springs and a reprogrammable ECU, then a remap when all is fitted.

I have BC0040 kit and Hondata Flashpro for remapping as full list is as follows:
1) TODA exhaust manifold
2) Invidia cat back
3) RCC intake manifold
4) HKS premium suction kit intake
5) Brian Crower stage 2 camshafts
6) Brian Crower Springs and Titanium Retainers

So all is good for propper cams installation. The main question is will my stock engine be ok or not.

Ah, very good. I was worried when you said stock engine.

This should be fine. The stock internals on the K20 are good up to about 400bhp, I would imagine you are shooting for around 250-260.

If you have doubts, I would advise contacting BC to discuss your project.

Stock engine will be fine.

There's plenty of stock blocks around running 300+ bhp with superchargers. Tom83 on here had totally stock internals and a huge turbo, IIRC it was up near 450bhp with no issues.

Yes, I dropped a request to producer straight after I got that thought :)

Thanks for advicing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back