• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bridgestone VS eagle f1 tyres

I have only had the standard bridgestone potenzas, i thought they were good but after reading some posts I realise how bad they are :eek: lol! very good in dry, very bad in wet, last long but also noisy!

decided to go for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Gs-d3 215/40/17
I want a tyre that is better in all areas compared to what I have now especially in the wet, so is this a good overall choice??

I have to admit ive never had an issue with them in the wet, even on a trackday. Not sure what you lot do to them :lol:

I liked my bridgestones but I couldn't live with the road noise I thought I had a bearing gone!!!

I went to Toyo's and they suck ass, nice and quiet but deadly in the wet.

I'm now using Falkens and they're great nice and cheap I paid about 78 a corner from camskills arrived next day at TGM who chucked them on whilst in for a service, easy. :)

Eagle F1's are good, a mate has them on his mx5 and they're great but they wear out quick or so I'm told.

I only do about 5000 miles a year, so long as they last over a year :) yeah, I hope the F1's are quieter lol!
also how will the smaller profile affect the speedo and performance etc??
anyone got any pictures of this size tyre on the standard Honda rims??

Last edited by a moderator:
I only do about 5000 miles a year, so long as they last over a year :) yeah, I hope the F1's are quieter lol!
also how will the smaller profile affect the speedo and performance etc??
anyone got any pictures of this size tyre on the standard Honda rims??

should be fine, unless you're using the car for drifting.

I got about 15k out of my Toyos. Just make sure you rotate the wheels and they'll last ages.

Can only comment on what I've used.
Bridgestone RE40 IMO are dangerous and only got 9k out of fronts
Yokohama Parada spec 2 awesome in dry generally ok in wet (had issues recently, suspect due to oil & cr*p on road) plus get approx 15-17k on fronts
Was thinking of Eagles as most reports say good all round performance, not sure what they wear like.

I love the Bridgestones (RE050 in my case) for the stiff side wall, more than makes up not being able to go round corners in the wet.

i switched from the pots to the f1's and all i can say is there amazing, give you so much more confidence than the pots and although i went down to the 40 profile also, the road noise reduced dramatically and ride comfort seemed to improve. if you have't purchased them yet the cheapest place i found them were www.camskill.com.

I think I have made up my mind now and will definitely get them :D
that website is great, thanks, a pair of F1's delivered for £160 :) think my local garage will find it hard to beat that lol! they were quoting £115 for just one potenza fitted!!

thanks everyone, lastly just wanted to know will the speedo be affected much with the 40 profile??

wow they really are great :D

I only have the front 2 done so far, got them for £174 fitted, balanced and new valves, is that a good price??
they did scratch the rim a bit though :mad:

on the rear I have 2 different tyres at the moment, did not change them as their is lots of tread left yet lol! got a potenza and a pireilli!
so overall i have 3 different types of tyres on the car :eek: is this ok??

wow they really are great :D

I only have the front 2 done so far, got them for £174 fitted, balanced and new valves, is that a good price??
they did scratch the rim a bit though :mad:

on the rear I have 2 different tyres at the moment, did not change them as their is lots of tread left yet lol! got a potenza and a pireilli!
so overall i have 3 different types of tyres on the car :eek: is this ok??

Ive always been led to believe you should at least have the same tyres on the same axle.

It's always better and safer to have the same make and type of tyre on each axle and preferably all round. Different makes or types have different characteristics that will show themselves when a tyre is taken to its limit, such as heavy braking, wet conditions, cornering etc.

It is legal as long as they are the same size (from memory)

It is legal as long as they are the same size (from memory)

That is correct, by law they must be the same size on an axle but other than that you can do what you want, if you don't like being alive... :p

oh one last thing guys, on the new tyres it says the maximum psi is 51, thats considerably more compared to the standard potenza's 35psi :eek: it is only a bit bigger so was just wondering why this is :confused:

and whats the best psi to have the eagle f1's on the type r??

Back