• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bring Your Honda Home Deal

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Just a word to all those who take their cars to the Honda Dealerships regardless.

Honda have started a campaign called Bring Your Honda Home.

Basically they will price match any quote for servicing , tyres, MOT and repairs from any garage within 10 miles.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/hondapricepromise/bringyourhondahome/?s3campaign=Cars_Honda Performance Aftersales&s3advertiser=Facebook UK&s3banner=FPR_M_45ALL_KWD_H2_I1_B2

So shop around first for prices before paying the dealer price, then tell them how much you've been quoted when you book it in.

Ts&Cs said:
Terms & Conditions for Honda Motor Europe Limited's Price Promise Offer
This offer applies to all servicing, repairs and MOTs of your Honda car including tyre replacements. If you can find a competing quote cheaper than your local authorised Honda dealership's ("Honda Dealer") quote for the same servicing, MOT or repair work, then subject to these terms, your Honda Dealer will carry out the work at the cost of the competing quote. The quote must be for a like for like service or repair, by a VAT registered vehicle repair outlet ("Outlet") using Honda genuine parts and accessories and the Outlet must be within a 10 mile radius of your Honda Dealership.

This offer does not include competing quotes which are provided as part of an offer of the Outlet. Competing quotes must be for the same items of servicing as are envisaged by the quote of your Honda Dealer and any oils included in the quote or used for the purpose of a service for which a competing quote is provided must be of the same quality and grade as the oils used by the Honda Dealer. This offer does not include modifications or repairs to bodywork and is limited only to mechanical repairs and servicing. The competing quote must be provided to your Honda Dealer on the Outlet's headed notepaper within 2 weeks of the date of the quote. Honda reserves the right at its discretion to accept or reject any competing quote if in Honda's opinion such quote has not been provided from an Outlet or the Outlet's quote has been obtained through a relative, friend or anyone else associated with the customer.

This offer is open until 18.00 GMT 31 March 2013, competing quotes presented to Honda after this time will not be part of this offer. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Honda offer. Honda reserves the right to amend, modify, extend or withdraw this offer at its discretion. This offer is available to retail customers only and cannot be used for business purposes. This offer is available at participating Honda Dealers only.

The offeror is Honda Motor Europe Limited, 470 London Road, Slough, Berkshire SL3 8QY, registered in England and Wales No. 857969.

This has thrown a spanner in the works for me. I have a 72 month service due and has been booked with TGM. I know a mechanic who i can get a "cheap" quote from.

So my question is what would other people do, Go to TGM or Honda? I know TGM have a fantastic reputation.

I'd still go to TGM, I had my last service done at Honda and they shoud have checked the valve clearances but I know they didn't.

I'd still go to TGM, I had my last service done at Honda and they shoud have checked the valve clearances but I know they didn't.

TGM it is then. I got a feeling that with this promotion that Honda have a lot of the technicians may cut corners and not do jobs that are part of the service and say that its been done.

Honda dealers have always been notorious for not checking valve clearances from what I've read on here and other forums.

The last time I took a CTR there was with my EP3 and they wanted the car the day before so it would be cold for the clearances.

That was Honda at Wigan.

That being said I use TDi or Grinspeed now.

Which honda dealershship was that?
Kendal Honda, part of the cox motor group. As loxy, I even arranged to drop it off the night before and get a courtesy car.

That was Honda at Wigan.
Are they part of the cox motor group?

That being said I use TDi or Grinspeed now.
I should have done tbh, mine won't be going back to Kendal Honda anymore. I'll get TDI or Stevie to check at the next service.

Thanks loxy, sorry for the re post.

had a quick look but didn't see your post! Didn't search that far back TBH as I only just got the email and thought it was a new thing.

Anyone know a good place to get a cheap quote in the Maidstone area? My local Honda is in parkwood.

If anyone wants valve Clearance done my friend works at Honda , tell your dealer your friend works @ Honda and you were quoted £22.50 I got mine done yesterday ! Can't beat that price Honda normally charge £50 for it

After doing some homework I found some prices for Honda to match. Just waiting for a call back from there services department.

Naturally I would not go to any of these places to get my car serviced, but I will take honda price match.

F1 autocenters - £89
Mr Clutch - £94.95
Kwik Fit - £105
Honda - £229

this is for a standard oil change and the "checks" they do. Also topping up brake and coolant fluid levels.

There is bound to be one of these within 10 miles of your nearest honda garage.

got them down from £229 to £109 inc VAT. much better, but they would not honour the deal!

Back