• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Broke my alarm fob

You should be fine with the one in the link, When you use the drop down boxes it says its not compatiable. When you click on the list of cars then the Type r is there.

great thanks, is it easy to remove the insides and transfer over? I'm assuming I need to do this carefully without disrupting the battery or I'll need to get it re-coded?

Done mine a few weeks ago - charged me £15,
i put the battery in the wrong way first time, flipped it round and works grate. No coding or anything :)

for anyone else wanting to do this, the back of the fob is slightly different, and as such the battery doesn't reach the contact inside the fob. All I had to do was insert a bit of card behind the battery and it works perfectly.

Bit of a bodge but there you go. Not bad for £4.

You could of course re-use your existing back half of the fob, I'm sure it'll clip straight in. My problem was the key-ring bit that'd broken so obviously I couldn't do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have aprefacelift fob and it doesnt look like the picture in the link, mines more rectangular, not curved?

yeah i recently learned there isn't a pre-facelift fob. there's a 51-03 fob and a 53 onwards fob.

51-03 fob is square. 53 onwards is round as per my first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was £15 and was a perfect fit - preface 2002
phoned them up and payed over the phone , were did u get it from for £4 ( sounds like a cheapo version

Mine was £15 and was a perfect fit - preface 2002
phoned them up and payed over the phone , were did u get it from for £4 ( sounds like a cheapo version

I've purchased a plastic case. You've purchased a fob. That's the main reason for the price difference.
They're from ebay, as detailed in my first post.

Back