• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Broken DC Sports

Hi, I have a DC sports catback, and the backbox has came away and is now wrecked. Is there any backbox's I can bolt straight onto the DC Sports B-pipe? I quite like the HKS hi-flow angled exhausts, but dont really want to buy a whole new exhaust as with the exception of the backbox, the exhaust is fine. Any ideas...

Just get another DC sports?

Any idea as to why it's broken? Hit something?

The tip just one day decided to fall off. I dont understand how though. It hasnt been knocked or anything, noticed it was coming a bit lose, then by the time I got home (2 miles away) it was gone. I just want to replace it

Can i buy just a DC back box? I tried looking around, and could only find full catbac systems. Devestated as i really liked the exhaust, looked great, sounded great

First I've heard of something going wrong with a DC sports backbox, could have been a manufactiring defect or perhaps something has hit it at some point? Most DC failures is the flexi pipe on the manifold going but that's a common issue with most race manifolds.

Personally, I'd just get another one. Try eBay and maybe some of the traders on here to see if they can supply a backbox alone.

I know. Everyone I have spoken to are equally suprised. Shame really. Ive looked and cant find anywhere. I asked my local custom exhaust garage to make me a similar one and they wont. Will only supply for a 3" outward rolled magnex. I quite like the look of them HKS angled exhausts, do you know of anywhere I could find just a backbox, or a different manufacturer?

Who did you buy it from, any kind of warranty? Might be worth giving TGM a ring, they have all sorts in their store room.

First I've heard of something going wrong with a DC sports backbox, could have been a manufactiring defect or perhaps something has hit it at some point? Most DC failures is the flexi pipe on the manifold going but that's a common issue with most race manifolds.

Personally, I'd just get another one. Try eBay and maybe some of the traders on here to see if they can supply a backbox alone.

I have heard story's of this happening before but nothing with a picture to prove it

Thanks for the help mate. Will ring them now. Hopefully they have something for me. Thanks again

I asked my local custom exhaust garage to make me a similar one and they wont. Will only supply for a 3" outward rolled magnex.

I'd find a new exhaust place too, as they don't sound "custom" at all. My exhaust place will make pretty much anything that is physically possible if you are willing to pay for it - that's what "custom" means.

I'd find a new exhaust place too, as they don't sound "custom" at all. My exhaust place will make pretty much anything that is physically possible if you are willing to pay for it - that's what "custom" means.

Beat me to it. Custom Exhaust shop that wont make something for you, thundercnuts

Ha. Yeah that is exactly what I thought too. The guy has a really good reputation. He builds custom manifolds etc, but when I went looking for a back box he said he would only fit a 3" outward rolled magnex box. I asked if i could make me one up similar to the HKS hi flow, and at an angle, but said no as he thinks it looks "crap"

Ha. Yeah that is exactly what I thought too. The guy has a really good reputation. He builds custom manifolds etc, but when I went looking for a back box he said he would only fit a 3" outward rolled magnex box. I asked if i could make me one up similar to the HKS hi flow, and at an angle, but said no as he thinks it looks "crap"

He is not building it to satisfy himself though, he is building it for you. Sack him, find a fabricator with a bit of imagination and willingness to do what the customer asks for!

If its just the tail pipe thats come off. Surely any garage with S/S welding equipment can put you something on. Either that or email DC sports. They may be able to sell you the backbox separately. And you never know, may sympathise and discount or something.

After looking over the back box its not in that bad condition. Going to try and get another 4" tip welded back on to the DC box, and get a 45degree bend so i can angle it out like the HKS hi flow. Fingers crossed I can find somewhere that can do the work

Just had my car up in the air and noticed that my DC sports back box also has a crack forming around the tailpipe, also has any one ever fitted a full DC system with the header as i have fitted mine and now the exhaust is just catching the rear anti roll bar

Back