• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Broken Fog Light

Starting cleaning my car this morning at noticed this

DSC00105.jpg

It wasn't there when I last used the car, and I never heard it crack.

Spoke to the local dealer and its £95 to replace plus 1/2 and hours labour to fit, as the bumper has to be replaced.

Not what I needed at the moment, as I'm to busy to get it sorted.

Bad news Paul......I don't think you are the first for this to happen to though..happened to a few.

Has happened twice on my EP3, keep an eye out for replacements on ebay although with the FN2 being newer it might not be so easy.

Once I get mine sorted again i will be covering in the clear film to try and stop it.

I'd agree its a silly place for fogs, that low down with no recess whatso ever, But i can't see why any dealer should pay for it ..(not that you'r saying that)

I'm glad i aint got fogs, there expensive :eek:

Well its now fixed, just hoping it doesn't happen again.

Dealer suddenly increased the price to £166 when the invoice was printed:rolleyes: so I gently reminded him of the price we agreed when I booked it in.

Funnily enough I've noticed a couple of the new shape Civics at work in the car park have had broken fogs. Could be a bit of a design oversight from Honda?

The lamination would only stop the glass from shattering IMO. As like used on safety glass. However the harder acrylic protector would prevent the glass taking damage I reckon.

Back