• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Broken wing mirror

i managed to smash my wing mirror the other day on the way to work, got the replacement mirror yesterday (for £40!
angry.gif
) but i cant seem fit it back on. Anyone done this before or know how to fit the glass back on? Just so you know im only talking about the glass that was replaced and not the whole mirror mechanism and case.

cheers

The glass is just clipped into the wing mirror housing and can gentley coerced out with a small flat headed screwdriver round the edges, be careful though.

i got the broken glass off no problem but cant clip the new one back on, it seems so clip on but when i move the motor about it jams.

hmm i hope not, motor moves about fine with no mirror on it, made sure of that before getting new glass. Seems to be when the glass is on it's not quite positioned right and so gets stuck. Need to go outside and have another bash i think, im really worried i'll break the glass ***! not cheap.

company called lings, they sell genuine Honda parts. Got a few bits from them now as they sell everything you could possible want. Clicky

Back