• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Brokering a deal - Advice required

All,

I'm about to trade-in my 05 Premier NHB CTR, and been offered a good trade-in value, considering i took it in originally for a quotation on a repair after a taxi driver hit my front wing. I'm going to get the CW FN2, however, I don't think i'm doing excellent on the deal with regards to simple things like chucking in some mats!

So my position is this, car ready to part-ex, finance agreed, ready to collect the keys before the end of the month. Also I am using Accident Exchange to recoup the repair cost which is redundant to me now given i'm part-ex'ing and the valuation i've received excluded the damage. So Honda stand to get a nice £800 for a repair they were going to do regardless.

the way I see things is they're going to make on my car, they're going to sell a new car, they're going to get a bit for me taking out a new agreement with honda finance, and they're going to get some cash back from the insurance claim.

I get the car! full whack price of 19,750 and apparently in April it's going up £500 (hmm), with the premise that they're doing me a 'great' deal on my current car. In fairness i think £8k for a 40k NHB 05 is fair and good. But I still think there is some way for them to go with regards to free servicing for 2 years, or some bloody mats!

Any advice appreciated.

Lewis

my contract lease quote shows cars OTR figure at 16500 (so why they advertise them at 19-20K is beyond me.

When I took out my lease they said it was going up soon, i.e. the price of a new fn2.

However when I received my agreement and looked at the figure quoted and then the figures displayed on the show room cars, I would say they have a fair wack to play with.

The standard FN2 is being heavily discounted at the moment, even more so if you don't get an 09 model (only difference is Aux/USB ports for audio).

However when I was looking in Dec there was no discount on the CW edition, so about £19K is about right.

For example to change in Dec for a Milano FN2 GT was £5.5k, but if I wanted the CW edition it was nearer £8k:evil:

However I was told the £500 increase (on all Civics) was happening on 1st Jan, so I'm not sure if this is a seperate increase, or the original increase being delayed.

it does depend on the dealer and their quarterly targets.

now is the best time because it near end of quarter 1 so can pick up a good deal if they are short on targets.

Although the CW type r is a sought after car, just like when the fn2 type r first came out, if the demand is there for a car it won't be discounted much.

I do agree that mats are a standard bargaining tool but if you have already signed for the car they have no reason to offer you extras now, you need to do all of that before you sign for the car.

Ask about the honda happiness servicing pack, £500 for 5 services, worth it IMO.

it does depend on the dealer and their quarterly targets.

now is the best time because it near end of quarter 1 so can pick up a good deal if they are short on targets.

Although the CW type r is a sought after car, just like when the fn2 type r first came out, if the demand is there for a car it won't be discounted much.

I do agree that mats are a standard bargaining tool but if you have already signed for the car they have no reason to offer you extras now, you need to do all of that before you sign for the car.

Ask about the honda happiness servicing pack, £500 for 5 services, worth it IMO.
I'll ask about that Honda Happiness Servicing pack, that sounds perfect given i liked the 2 years free servicing, that sounds like excellent value.

I'll hope i get Matts and consider myself done - probably good time bargaining wise, but probably missed my bargaining opportunity. Anyway, who cares, fingers crossed i'll have it next week.

Thanks for the advice though. appreciated. Lewis

My advise is don't do it!!! Buy a proper Type R like a DC2/5 or FD2. :cool:
The Dirty deed has been done. Yes I agree, FD2 is superior without doubt, but the whole import, weak pound etc, just doesn't make it as viable.

Out of interest, the dealer was telling me how a load of CW FN2 are being snapped up by japanese buyings because of the weak pound and being shipped out to Japan. So ironically whilst they have the FD2, they have an appetite for the euro-type r, and the uk vice-versa. I guess we all just want what we can't have... probably the attraction there.

Thanks for the advice though - the DC5 was what i wanted purely for the CW before i got the ep3. But i'll settle with the fn2 now cos it's white :)

Personally I'd say good choice. My next car is either going to be a CW FN2 or a FD2 if the pound's got better by the time I'm in the position to buy.

Back