• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bruntingthorpe

Never been but been offered the chance to go up there with a few pals.

Is is possible to max out a standard CTR down the back straight? If not how fast will it get?

Cheers
JD

I would think it would be close. I managed 152, and Typy and Hovblack managed 155+, we were still accelerating when we kindah eased off.

However if you are running nr stock, tuning wise then I think 144-5 is possible, well those were the times the folks with I/E/H were getting.

Thinking about it that was from a standing start. If you came around the bottom corner and hit the start at around 30 mph plus then I guess it should be possible.

Was a great day down there. The only issue I had was judging distance at that speed. You kind of hit a downhill bit a mile and a half in and it looks like the end comes up pretty quick before the righthander. My first run I found myself braking waaay to early and having to start accelerating again :oops: :D

They now have a 87Db sound limit and are getting very very tight on noise lvls.

We went for a quick play the other day and got told we couldnt run but we managed a few runs but no Top speed run.

If your running a aftermarket exhaust I would guess whatever your running its over 87Db

Just so your aware, wouldnt want you making a long journey to be told cant run etc etc

Really?

Do you know what RPM that is tested at?
Bit of a crap!

Its done drive by m8 there is a mic actually on the track, they got a bit arsey with us to be honest.

The mic is near the end of the 2 Mile straight

Tarticus said:
Really?

Do you know what RPM that is tested at?
Bit of a crap!

Its done drive by m8 there is a mic actually on the track, they got a bit arsey with us to be honest.

The mic is near the end of the 2 Mile straight

Well Im a bit buggerd when I take the Skyline there then...unless its being pushed. :roll:
That is a stupidly low level. Is it only the Reva owners club that are allowed trackdays there then? :roll:

http://www.revaindia.com/ :wink:

Went last year as part of a mac track day and they put coned corners down the back straight to slow us down :x . Got pulled for noise but pointed out that it was not in any of the paperwork they sent. Spent the day passing a blue porshe.
13413.JPG

I'm not sure if it's true but the bloke on the gate said that the micraphone is linked directly to the Council Offices. :(

CPL Racing said:
I'm not sure if it's true but the bloke on the gate said that the micraphone is linked directly to the Council Offices. :(

More than likely, I know thats the case at Donington.

Funky said:
CPL Racing said:

:? Is it? They move it every time im there, i was under the impression it was a man with a clipboard... thats why you can tell where he is, the lazy bugger drives his car round to where he sits :lol:

SOates82 said:
Funky said:
CPL Racing said:

:? Is it? They move it every time im there, i was under the impression it was a man with a clipboard... thats why you can tell where he is, the lazy bugger drives his car round to where he sits :lol:

Thats what I was told the last time I was there. Linked to a computer system which is linked to the council. :smt102

Whats worse is that if Donington continually break the limit by not stopping cars that are too loud the council will then reduce the noise limit even more. Sounds like this is what has happened at Bruntingthorpe.

SOates82 said:
:shock: Oh crap! Thats so harsh!

If you go up to the control tower is fed directly from there to the council offices, not sure at brunters 87 seams very low.

:shock: Never right! Though last weekend i think every other car was over 98dB, it was louder than a test day, all the bike engined cars were there along with a few MR2`s that put out 1/2 gallon of oil with every dB from the exhaust!

SOates82 said:
:shock: Never right! Though last weekend i think every other car was over 98dB, it was louder than a test day, all the bike engined cars were there along with a few MR2`s that put out 1/2 gallon of oil with every dB from the exhaust!

Donnington has a number of noise free days, most are taken up with non racing events other than the moto gp.

To give you an idea John English was there with his Rotorex CTR with an un-bunged Spoon system on, it was waaaay over 98dB but they never pulled him over and it was a quiet day :shock: I just hope they dont drop the limit any lower or my 90dB is going to be a problem (and you would be totally furked!)

SOates82 said:
To give you an idea John English was there with his Rotorex CTR with an un-bunged Spoon system on, it was waaaay over 98dB but they never pulled him over and it was a quiet day :shock: I just hope they dont drop the limit any lower or my 90dB is going to be a problem (and you would be totally furked!)
Strange it was down as a quiet day with all that other stuff going on.

Friendy said:
Strange it was down as a quiet day with all that other stuff going on.

I know, i think they were too busy cramming us all into the tiny paddock 3 to bother enforcing the noise issues!

Back