• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bucket Harnesses

Right then...

does anyone know if there are 4 point harnessess that will fit directly for the Prem Edition Ep3 seats? BUT

I don't want them to obsruct the rear seats! As may need to use them ;)

Help needed, and pics welcome

Cheers Fuller

Right then...

does anyone know if there are 4 point harnessess that will fit directly for the Prem Edition Ep3 seats? BUT

I don't want them to obsruct the rear seats! As may need to use them ;)

Help needed, and pics welcome

Cheers Fuller
The whole point of harnesses is that they are for racing, meaning you wouldn't need the back seats.

If you use eyebolts and buy harnesses with snap catches, you can remove the harnesses as and when you need them. Its like a braclet buckle, where you can just remove them.

All harnesses will obstruct your rear seats

As Jermal said, you have to remove the rear seat to mount the harness points. I think most use the rear fixing mounts for the back seatbelts, looks cool, but if your going to do that you may as well go the whole hog and get a cage etc....IMO.

HTH

As Jermal said, you have to remove the rear seat to mount the harness points. I think most use the rear fixing mounts for the back seatbelts, looks cool, but if your going to do that you may as well go the whole hog and get a cage etc....IMO.

HTH

I have Takata Harnesses in, and still have the rear seats. Just remove them from the eyebolts when i need to take passengers. :)

I have Takata Harnesses in, and still have the rear seats. Just remove them from the eyebolts when i need to take passengers. :)

Oh right, thats cool then, I suppose thats a feasible option for him then.:)

You got any pics Dynax....?? :smt047

as for the above post from you guys, thanks for the feed back I know they are ment for the track but I do really like the idea of harnessess but dont fancy parting with the rear seats............... (yet :twisted: )

You got any pics Dynax....?? :smt047

as for the above post from you guys, thanks for the feed back I know they are ment for the track but I do really like the idea of harnessess but dont fancy parting with the rear seats............... (yet :twisted: )

I have harnesses in my premier and just remove them as Dynax has said when I need to take rear passengers. Its an easy job once you get the hang of it.

Just be aware with the Premier seats you will either need to modify or remove the handbrake console as the eyebolts hit against it.

You can see in my build up thread what I (well Mark) did:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=54465

If you are just going to be using them for road use I would really advise against it. You cannot see at junctions as you cant lean forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are just going to be using them for road use I would really advise against it. You cannot see at junctions as you cant lean forward.

Wonder what the insurance compnay's think about that:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bet that's a chunk on the premium Lottie.

Wonder what the insurance compnay's think about that:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bet that's a chunk on the premium Lottie.

Didnt make any difference to mine, actually none of the mods have :D

But the tightness you need to have them fitted to be safe, there is no way I would want to drive on roads with them on.

I have mine in the car all the time, but they are connected together around the rear of the seat to avoid them flying around whilst driving.

On the road harnesses are a pain tbh, but I now feel odd driving without them so run them all the time.

It takes longer to get going due to having to go through the performance of buckling them all together, you can't reach the glovebox (well I can't in my DC2) but they do feel great once you're all strapped in and driving. Around town they're a bit of a nightmare though, but you do get used to them.

On the road harnesses are a pain tbh, but I now feel odd driving without them so run them all the time.

It takes longer to get going due to having to go through the performance of buckling them all together, you can't reach the glovebox (well I can't in my DC2) but they do feel great once you're all strapped in and driving. Around town they're a bit of a nightmare though, but you do get used to them.

Yeh that's what i reckon i will do, at first they will fell different but after a while i will get used to them :D

So i reckon i will go for Takatas, where is cheaper than vtec direct??
they want £400 for harnesses plus £100 for gel pads :eek:

is anyone looking to sell theirs???

Yeh that's what i reckon i will do, at first they will fell different but after a while i will get used to them :D

If you want Takatas, expect to fork out for them. If not, just get some cheaper harnesses.

Takatas are no better than any other FIA approved harness, you just pay stupid money for the name IMO. It's just a "me loves the JDM kewlnesss" aspect.

Cheapest i've ever seen them is £330 a pair but that was a while ago, so they'll have gone up now with the way the economy has gone.

As Nick has said any FIA approved harness will do the job just as well. He is running TRS, which look pretty much the same (even come in green), but are half (or less) the price. They are great bits of kit.

harness1.jpg

I doubt you'll like them as much, as they're not Takata's and therefore not cool.

Back